Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default Platinum Issues? (Cleric)

Hi all. I recently broke 1000p at lvl 39 as a cleric. I have had no help, I am not a twink, I have 1 toon and am guildless (I prefer this for now, until my work schedule changes)

Should I have more plat at this level, just passively? I mad some platinum from selling highkeep ears while I leveled there. I have bought some items with the profits. I am buy HQ Bear skins and sell the bags for 30p profit sometimes. Most platifnum came lvl 36-39 soloing Tower in Unrest, selling an hour worth of fine steel weapons.

I got my first group in Guk at 39 and CoM at 39 and both times had someone tell me my mana pool was rather low for 39 and in COM I had some trouble without clarity keeping up, did fine once I had the mana regen though. Yesterday in CoM someone flat out told me they didn't know how I had so little plat , he had 15k by 40.

Am I doing something wrong? Platinum only comes from selling gems while XPing, I can't really solo very well any more. Any tips? Maybe I just grind it out until 49 and try to sell resses?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Just get to 52+ when you can reasonably start grouping in Sebilis, gems and loot will flow then.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all. I recently broke 1000p at lvl 39 as a cleric. I have had no help, I am not a twink, I have 1 toon and am guildless (I prefer this for now, until my work schedule changes)

Should I have more plat at this level, just passively? I mad some platinum from selling highkeep ears while I leveled there. I have bought some items with the profits. I am buy HQ Bear skins and sell the bags for 30p profit sometimes. Most platifnum came lvl 36-39 soloing Tower in Unrest, selling an hour worth of fine steel weapons.

I got my first group in Guk at 39 and CoM at 39 and both times had someone tell me my mana pool was rather low for 39 and in COM I had some trouble without clarity keeping up, did fine once I had the mana regen though. Yesterday in CoM someone flat out told me they didn't know how I had so little plat , he had 15k by 40.

Am I doing something wrong? Platinum only comes from selling gems while XPing, I can't really solo very well any more. Any tips? Maybe I just grind it out until 49 and try to sell resses?
What's your wisdom right now with gears on?

Ignore anyone that proclaims how much platinum you should have by X number of lvls, this is a retard talking out his ass. There's no such thing as a certain amount of plat you should have depending on your lvl.

As a cleric it's hard to save plats because all the greedy melee loot everything while you sit and med.

With 1k plats though, I could recommend what items you should buy for boost to wisdom/mana pool if I had an idea what gears you already had, and what your wisdom was now.

1k is a nice amount and you could find some decent wisdom gears with that.

What race is your cleric?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Banned

Just do a couple easy camps and grab some wisdom gear.( testament of vanear, gator scale legs, reed belt, +6 wis rings, splitpaw gloves, crown of leaves).

With 1k and buying shit at the right place you can fill a few slots with 1 k.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Grinding out platinum as an untwinked cleric main is absolutely rough. Other people get to loot constantly and you are stuck sitting on your butt just to have enough mana to keep them up. I was once in your shoes. Don't expect to start making money until you can rez. And even then it's not a living, usually just enough to cover the peridots/ports you may have used that day.

Not trying to discourage you but unless you farm cash or item camps, or start playing the EC market it's not really going to get any better. Just make sure your groups are giving you enough gems to cover your reagent expenditures.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Banned

If you're looking to make a few bucks, there's nothing wrong with flipping items in EC tunnel for a little while. With your amount of platinum, you could probably pick up things like 55+ velious spells and dump them for double the price. People are always looking to get rid of things quickly in EC and a lot of the resellers don't bother with items in the 100s range.

A lot of people look down on this method, but

1) this was a big part of classic EQ
2) despite what people say, this does count as making your own way in the game
3) if getting better gear allows you to enjoy the game more, then it's worth it to do this for a little while

So fire up Netflix and get to sellin'
Old 03-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the reply.
Not sure about base stuff, but I made this Magelo just now since you offered to check out my gear. I did camp the Aegis of Life for 6 weeks that is my best item, I invested 300p into the platinum ruby veil 20 levels ago, thought it would last awhile.

Other stuff I have looted or bought 150p or less here and there through my lifespan.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zeliak

Sorry this was in response to the reply above.
Last edited by zaneosak; 03-21-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Your gear is perfectly fine for your level. There are some items you might be able to upgrade easily, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Perhaps your mana pool was low because tank couldn't hold agro and you had to heal them rogues and wizards?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the reply.
Not sure about base stuff, but I made this Magelo just now since you offered to check out my gear. I did camp the Aegis of Life for 6 weeks that is my best item, I invested 300p into the platinum ruby veil 20 levels ago, thought it would last awhile.

Other stuff I have looted or bought 150p or less here and there through my lifespan.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zeliak

Sorry this was in response to the reply above.
You got fair gears for your lvl, I would even say better than many. Get some +6 wisdom rings they are cheap (150pp or less per - Stockmarket the player always sells jewelry and sells for cheap). Cenobite belt would be cheap upgrade for belt for you (+7 wisdom iirc). Get a cone of the mystic for primary it's 50mana/+5 wis.

Really the rest of your gears are fine. With what I recommend you easily should have no mana issues.

If you are running lom too fast for groups now, they are awful groups then tbh. Either you are healing multiple targets constantly, or the tanks are taking tons of damage due to low hp / bad ac. That or you are standing and meleeing when you should be sitting and medding.

Basically you should be sitting all the time, never doing anything else except maybe rooting adds if your group cannot. Healing is the prime job for you. You probably know this just want to make sure all bases are covered lol.

*** Also Othmir Fur Cap - 6 wisdom, 100-150pp.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Here's a couple things that would be a decent upgrade and be in your budget.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Adamantite_Epaulets

https://wiki.project1999.com/Foreman%27s_Tunic

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystalline_Belt

It is hard to make money, Im only level 20 so what I did was go to NK and kill a bunch of willowisps and turned in the Greater lightstones and make like 9pp each. was able to get a couple hundred plat to get some magic boots after only a couple hours. plus i got like half a level from all the lightstones and greater lightstones i turned in.
Closed Thread