Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Default Enc/Cler Duo 50+ (Me again)

Hey all

Thanks again for all your advice for me and my enchanter buddy leveling up together, it has been awesome -- lower guk fast xp and decent money, trak teeth secret spot was just sick XP, no money, but who cares when you're getting a level in 3 hours!!

Anyways -- wanted to make a new thread since you guys were so helpful before, some people mentioned that howling stone is the way to go 50+. Well, we got our keys but one problem, we did not realize it is a evil faction hit and he is a dark elf with OT Hammer, so we decided to avoid it.

Any other good spots? I am 50 and he is 53. We did some KC moat/entry castle which was really nice but seems very heavily camped.

Appreciate you guys being helpful, we like unorthodox spots as much as common spots so any spots you guys think might be good we are willing to try, we're both just used to grouping so its nice to try new stuff --- whether its velious kunark or old world, dungeon or outdoors, just looking for some good XP, we don't mind if its dangerous either since I have 90% res now, dying seems far less troubling.

Thanks again for all your advice so far!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

If you've been killing things in KC you've been taking the same faction hits as killing in HS. It really is the best spot for cleric/chanter duo - good loot, great exp, not overly camped. If you're insistent on going elsewhere though you could try Sebilis, Kedge or SolB.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

I highly reccomend you just burn the faction with OT and go to Howling Stones. The faction hits do not alter your ability to use the OT hammer and you will end up there eventually so better to just do it. Just hammer and once you land run forward and to the right and jump off the boat to hammer hill and nothing should agro him. he can then Invis versus undead past foreman then regular invis if neccessary to get past the cliff golem.

As the post above said it is the best spot for an Enchanter/Cleric duo. Some of what I'm going to say may be something you already know but here goes.

At those levels you should be able to do basement and North without too much difficulty. Also, the biggest benefit is that most of the undead mobs are Shadow Knights and the enchanter can theft of thought them. Enchanter can do all of the pulling while keeping a charmed and hasted pet and pretty much be at full mana.

If the cleric ever gets low on mana the enchanter can just start to use some lower levels slows to balance out the mana pools of both.

I like to pull by sending in a charmed pet into a room with 4-5 mobs and then aoe mez and start to back them up out of the ball of mobs. Much faster than lulling but obviously a break before you can get the first aoe mez down or soak up the harm touches means you have 4 mobs running at you and more likely than not 1 or 2 will be a harm toucher so those usually don't end well.

Overall, great exp though and in my opinion you both should fly to lvl 60. Respawn in zone is pretty fast at like 22 minutes so you should be killing a good 50+ mobs an hour if you have North to yourselves. You can use Cajolin Whispers in North on anything but the nameds.

Finally, I try to keep an extra key to North corpsed at SF ramp in OT where I'm bound. The wing keys aren't soul bound so if you wipe It makes it much faster to just loot the key and go rather than hoping you get luck with a feaster at zone in or have to travel down to basement to find one. Hopefully in those cases you can get back in the wing before anyone realizes you left and lose the camp.

Really enjoying the zone myself and if you have any questions send me a tell in game to Barlu. I'm definitely no expert but there enough and I'd be happy to show you around as best I can to avoid traps, where the boss keys are, etc.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I highly reccomend you just burn the faction with OT and go to Howling Stones. The faction hits do not alter your ability to use the OT hammer and you will end up there eventually so better to just do it. Just hammer and once you land run forward and to the right and jump off the boat to hammer hill and nothing should agro him. he can then Invis versus undead past foreman then regular invis if neccessary to get past the cliff golem.
If you keep playing EQ you'll trash your OT faction. It's not a big deal once you get used to it.

Kedge could probably be ripe EXP for you guys, but it's one of the most difficult dungeons in the game, to be sure.

I would send you to howling stones for sure
Old 05-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Amen to killing your OT faction: you don't need it for the hammer, if you really want to bank there's a hacky way to do it, and if you did try and preserve the faction you'd lock yourself out of KC and HS (not to mention lower level dungeons), so why bother?

Also HS is a great recommendation, as is Kedge or Sol B; Seb and KC tend to be a bit crowded for my tastes. However, if for some reason you don't like any of those options (or just want variety) be sure to check out the wiki's Per-Level Hunting Guide (linked in my signature). It's full of suggestions of places to solo, duo, etc. (I count 27 from 50-60, which includes 6 in HS).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Enc levels:
50-53: Com moat and upper floors
54-57: HS north
58-60: HS west

That's the express lane to 60.

If you have a static duo you might want to try other spots to vary the pleasure. Chardok (zone-in to zone-out), Seb, Velk (upper dogs at 55+ or so), KK seahorses (dunno if enough mobs), maybe some DN rats?

I wouldn't recommend doing deep camps in Chardok unless you have a CR plan (factionned char or something). If unlucky on spawns, CR can SUCK there... even clothed.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Banned

Ive been doing some duo'ing in KC recently on my necromancer at level 57 and the XP is great if the place isn't over camped. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. You guys should get awesome XP at 50 and 51 in KC...Really helps to have a monk pulling for you though
Old 05-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

OT faction is about the stupidest thing the original devs did in Kunark - that you could alienate all the evil races from their own outpost by XP'ing in a couple of zones etc.

That said I agree, kill the faction.... if you can invis to the OT bank and click the banker through the wall from outside etc then do that.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter/Cleric 50 + 53..? OMG!! The Hole shall be your oyster. NEVER crowded, tons of camps you can get to by killing to or lull crawling.

There are blue mobs up to 60 in that zone and you are right in the exp sweet spot. I forget when chanters get their higher level charm, but when they do charm a ratman warrior, get him some pet weapons and haste and you will CRUSH everything. Most of the zone are summoned beings, so your cleric can even nuke as mana permits. Gold Plated Koshigitanas (sp) are SO money for chanters, like a 168DD anti-summon nuke and the weapons aren't lore, sell in tunnel for about 1k each.

Mobs all flee at 20%, but they are easy to finish off since low HP other than golems.

The downside is the loot isn't incredible, but Loam sells decent in tunnel, and there are 50-200p vendor trash drops. You'll need to faction farm in the warrens so you can buy a key in paineel, but shouldn't take you guys more than an hour if you are evil factioned already and have AoEs to burn down the level 10 or whatever kobolds.

Upside is great exp, bank/vendors right outside, and EASY corpse recovery (can make a factioned alt puller).

I have a zone guide in my sig that I'd encourage you to read, I think you guys will really like it.

I won't lie, HS is probably the best EXP I've ever had in the game and the loot is fantastic. The downside is a corpse recovery can be difficult, navigating locked doors/corpsing keys is a pain, mobs HT which can really ruin your day fast, and the zone can't accommodate a large amount of people (basically 5 camps: Basement, Entrance, North, West, South. Didn't typically see people in East). OT faction isn't something I ever use. Everyone and their mother has a hammer, so getting ports from SF ramp to lets say Lavastorm / Nek to bank in Neriak isn't hard.

Speaking of Neriak, hidden teleporter in Hole goes straight to Neriak cleric guild. Whaaaaaaat?! Click to read more!!
Old 05-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

If you're 50 and he's 53 I still recommend kedge mermaids. Insane xp bonus in the zone and every third mermaids drops a 100p+ gem. They're good till 55 or 56. Charm Shellara Ebbhunter and give her two weapons.

If you need to CR, it's easy because nothing sees invis. The xp is so fast though, usually it's better to just keep XPing and then do more than one res at the same time.
Last edited by Victorio; 05-03-2017 at 09:36 AM..
Closed Thread