Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-12-2018, 04:37 AM
Aviak

Default When starting EQ the brightness changes

Means: brightness goes up very much and contrast goes down..i put 2 pictures in to make it more clear.

https://imgur.com/t2IOK72

https://imgur.com/rPW7vd0

Not sure if you see the difference, my whole pc has this brighten-effect from playing EQ again, its not only ingame.
I noticed the difference very much as randomly this effect disappeared, because i closed another program and i just thought "wow, what strong and intense colours this game has !" lol..well, can you help me get this effect away ?
It appears in the middle of starting up the game..it seems to load something that changes my graphics.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Aviak

Edit: for some reason the difference on the 2 screenshots is nearly not existing, but its a real big difference here..when the game changes the whole graphic output to that mentioned high brightness, it looks like you play through milky glass, or fog.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

I think this is just a side effect of the Titanium client. Switching to full screen (or windowed if you're in full screen) might help, but that's my only idea.

Also you can of course alter your Gamma level in the options, but obviously you won't want to do that every time things change.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-12-2018 at 01:49 PM..
Old 11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

I get around this problem by adjusting the video output settings after the game has launched. Simply changing any setting in gamma/brightness (move the slider 1 pixel then move it back, no actual change) seems to snap it back to normal settings for me.

It's been like this for me ever since the patch that affected ultravision/infravision fog.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been like this for me ever since the patch that affected ultravision/infravision fog.
In a way that's actually good news, as it implies it's something under the devs control (and thus potentially fixable).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:26 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the infos, but nothing of the 2 things worked for me.
Moving the gamma slider a bit to the left makes the problem smaller at least
Old 11-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Well it was wrong, the problem is the whole computer is bright, so removing gamma ingame does not change anything really, for all the other programs running on my pc, so i'm still looking for a solution
Old 11-13-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

The EQ client messes with the brightness for the whole system. It always has. F.lux also controls system brightness and overrides the EQ client. That's my fix.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Developer

Its dx9. It changes gamma. Side effect of using Titanium.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The EQ client messes with the brightness for the whole system. It always has. F.lux also controls system brightness and overrides the EQ client. That's my fix.
Can you explain more detailed how you fixed it, what is F.lux ?

edit: actually tested it..don't want to change colours of my pc, only for the client, but thx for the hint
Last edited by Mark11; 11-14-2018 at 11:45 AM..