Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Large Rat

Default /who all guild results

I'm pretty sure that doing a /w all guild back in the day gave you the list of everyone online in the guild without being cut off.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure that doing a /w all guild back in the day gave you the list of everyone online in the guild without being cut off.
iirc it also didn't show people that were /a

Asher
Old 07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, I remember seeing a full list, even if it had hundreds of names.

Regarding /anon, I'm not 100% sure how it is/was on Live, but expected behavior would be:

* If it is your guild (/who guild, /w all guild), then you *can* see anonymous, regardless of zone.
* If it is *not* your guild (/who all afterlife), then you *cannot* see anonymous, regardless of zone.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Developer

Aug 2000:

https://groups.google.com/group/alt....8f66e949c92e22

The uppercase restriction would have to be added client-side, and I don't see that happening. Cutting off at 20 seems to be correct. Being able to see /anon players has been fixed, pending update. /roleplay will still be visible.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Do you have more proof on the /anon being invis after Aug 2000? The last two posters seem to be contradicting each other in your link.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Bump you could see players in your own guild that were anon.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

I'll add another contradictory comment. I remember NOT being able to see players in your own guild who were anonymous. I seem to recall that it was always discouraged to be anonymous for a few reasons, one of them being that players would use it to hide out and exp/do whatever while the guild was trying to raid.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Project Manager

That's how spies could get in your guild. If someone was guilded and anon, there was no way of finding them unless you happen to /who GUILD while present in their zone, (or if they were guilded and on your friend's list, vague memory of something like this?)
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll add another contradictory comment. I remember NOT being able to see players in your own guild who were anonymous. I seem to recall that it was always discouraged to be anonymous for a few reasons, one of them being that players would use it to hide out and exp/do whatever while the guild was trying to raid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how spies could get in your guild. If someone was guilded and anon, there was no way of finding them unless you happen to /who GUILD while present in their zone, (or if they were guilded and on your friend's list, vague memory of something like this?)
I specifically remember this being the case in Velious. I was put in charge of trying to put a roster together, and updated the motd many times begging people to take /anon off so I could get proper logs. It also allowed people to log in and see what was happening without anyone really knowing and could skip raids easily since they wouldn't show up on the list.

Eventually, we just started a second guild and reformed the first. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
I can't comment on the friend list part, but I will agree with the fact that /w GUILD will show anonymous folks IF they are in the same zone. I wanted to say this earlier but I wasn't as confident in my recollection of it, but I do seem to remember this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I specifically remember this being the case in Velious. I was put in charge of trying to put a roster together, and updated the motd many times begging people to take /anon off so I could get proper logs. It also allowed people to log in and see what was happening without anyone really knowing and could skip raids easily since they wouldn't show up on the list.
Velious is also the timeframe I remember this. I recall one time we were pushing through Kael going after Vindi and Statue and someone got called out in guild chat for hiding anonymously (not the first time) during the raid. That incident stuck in my head and that's why I remember anonymous working in this way with respect to /w all GUILD.