Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Skeleton

OK so after restarting modem and pc it didnt work i tryed copying server spell files again into my eq folder didnt work i even unplugged my cord from my router and put it directly into the modem to see if it was a rotuer issue didnt work i noticed were all comcast users I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK and this is what i did if you go to GETTING STARTED at the home page and do this step it seemed to work for me i relogged on and off a few times to make sure i just wasnt lucky im zoning fine now try it out guys. here it is. Navigate to the uifiles/default folder within your Everquest Directory and copy the files from the following zip into it:
Http://www.project1999.org/files/uichangesv2.zip
Old 05-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK so after restarting modem and pc it didnt work i tryed copying server spell files again into my eq folder didnt work i even unplugged my cord from my router and put it directly into the modem to see if it was a rotuer issue didnt work i noticed were all comcast users I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK and this is what i did if you go to GETTING STARTED at the home page and do this step it seemed to work for me i relogged on and off a few times to make sure i just wasnt lucky im zoning fine now try it out guys. here it is. Navigate to the uifiles/default folder within your Everquest Directory and copy the files from the following zip into it:
Http://www.project1999.org/files/uichangesv2.zip
this worked for me for a minute, now it is back to the usually. can't even zone now without it freezing.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Orc

sorry for the necro on the dead thread, but I just came across this issue with an interesting twist. It only happens to me when I launch the game through WinEQ2, if I launch using the .bat file then I get a full server list and can log into the game, if I launch with WinEQ2 I have an empty server list, unless I just launched it with the .bat in which case I have a server list but I get booted off the server after a few minutes of being stuck at at the loading screen after selecting a character. This is doubly weird to me because I was able to log in with no problems with WinEQ2 just last night on a crappier wifi connection than the one I am currently using.