Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else having an issue with weapons / shields not showing after this latest patch when using Luclin models?
Let me know what weapons are missing graphics and post a copy of your global load. It sounds like you're missing an equip file. Also double check to ensure everything in your globalload.txt file is in your EQ directory and isn't corrupt or missing.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Yea not sure what I did wrong the first time, but I just re-did all the global loads again and now it works fine ;p
Old 06-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Lol ok man. Yeah works fine for me :P

I'm online in EC atm. For a little bit. I'm still rather busy IRL but I had a few minutes so wanted to pop in to check up on people. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or bug reports you'd like to deliver to me in-game as opposed to over PMs or publicly in this thread, now is the time to do it! Hoping my schedule will be open to start playing regularly again in a couple weeks or so though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also couple notes:

1. No changes have been made to the Luclin Model guide. The recent edit was to fix a typo but the guide is the exact same. There were no new changes to P99's stock Global Load with the recent patch to need to update the guide.

2. I'm still working on the Water Swap project. But as I'm swamped, it's not yet completed. Will update when it is, of course.

And to reiterate, I'm not posting backups of files for these guides, for obvious reasons, unless I deem it absolutely necessary. That means if you do something, like set up Velious textures, you better be prepared to switch back to back up files, reinstall EQ, or live with those textures forever. :P I try to put warnings to people to make back-ups in the guides themselves, but I can't be held responsible if they aren't read or heeded.

Also someone brought this to my attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iondera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hosting is going to go poof in 5 days, letting them expire so just a heads up if anyone else wants to host the files.
For this guide: Here.

While I'd love to help by hosting the downloads (I have a Classic disc from 1999, the Trilogy disc set, the Luclin disc set, and a Live patched client. So I have all possible versions of the Classic-Velious world textures) I'm afraid I don't have the cash to front to host downloads of that size. I'll look into a way to help out with that but in the meantime, I'm afraid I won't be much use in saving that project [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Orc

Ur hawt!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Kobold

bumpity
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Everything looks great! Thanks so much for helping everyone unlock the newer character models...Also you were not kidding about the wolves, they are huge! The luclin skeletons seem to animate just fine for me though.

One more thing....it seems not all the npcs were updated to the newer models (guards, merchants ect) did I not do somthing correctly?
Last edited by Nick687; 07-18-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Kobold

Looks amazing, I love it.

Thank you so much for your contributions.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick687 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything looks great! Thanks so much for helping everyone unlock the newer character models...Also you were not kidding about the wolves, they are huge! The luclin skeletons seem to animate just fine for me though.

One more thing....it seems not all the npcs were updated to the newer models (guards, merchants ect) did I not do somthing correctly?
No you're fine. Those models did not receive updates.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Kobold

Hey there, I am loading the lazy one (first one listed) and I am still getting old models (this is suppose to upgrade to new character models correct?). There something else I need to do besides change that file? thanks!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there, I am loading the lazy one (first one listed) and I am still getting old models (this is suppose to upgrade to new character models correct?). There something else I need to do besides change that file? thanks!
Did you make any modifications to the client at all? Specifically...an EQ "Light" change that removed files for disc space?