Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine the reason the rules are like this is to prevent hypothetical scenarios of say a single person claiming a camp they can't solo
Had this happen once. ^

Me and some unknown SK were at MM pond area, the only ones in front half of zone. I pulled a garg that was up, while he was killing some elf when he came running up to me to say I was KSing him. I said the mob was up, as well as tons of other mobs, and the guy berged hard for over an hour in tells.

He claimed the entire pond was his camp, and because I pulled a garg then an elf that was nearby I was encroaching his camp and KSing him. He clearly was not keeping all spawns cleared. He even tried to KS me after I pulled an elf, saying I was KSing him because I pulled from HIS pond camp.

I never met a more retarded and asinine player since being on P99. Dude sent me tells for over a hour.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah but its MM. Pond camps (even with a full group) half the time try to claim the entire entry area + entire canyon as their camped mobs.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but its MM. Pond camps (even with a full group) half the time try to claim the entire entry area + entire canyon as their camped mobs.
I can deal with that. There's a big difference between a full group holding pond, and one lone SK soloing, don't you think?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Sure, but what if it was some uber twinked solo SK with (sub45) raid buffs on and clearing everything like crazy? Still doesnt hold claim on, say, canyon mobs if someone wants to kill those.

Not disagreeing with you at all about people being stupid on camp greed, but it doesnt make a difference if its a single vs group. Just talking about clearing speed / defined area of camp.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can deal with that. There's a big difference between a full group holding pond, and one lone SK soloing, don't you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, but what if it was some uber twinked solo SK with (sub45) raid buffs on and clearing everything like crazy? Still doesnt hold claim on, say, canyon mobs if someone wants to kill those.
There's a certain genius to the current camp rules when it comes to solos. If the lone SK at the pond is competing against a lone shaman (say) at the canyon, the SK gets one pond mob, the shaman gets one canyon mob, and then it's a "race" for all the rest. On average the mobs should roughly get distributed to each player proportionally to their killing speed. Elegant, fair, and no GMs need to get involved.

Then you get to groups and that simplicity goes out the window: instead of camps being easy-to-define singles they become amorphous mob collections that every player/GM seems to define differently. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but what if group camp rules could somehow get the simplicity/elegance of solo camp rules? Like what if a group could officially claim a camp of exactly as many mobs as they have people. You'd have to pick a mob to start and the rest of the mobs would have to be next to it (ie. you couldn't claim mobs scattered all over the dungeon). Everything beyond those mobs would be FTE.

In this scenarios a group doing crypt in Seb could claim all four nameds and the ICGs. They could still do CE also, but if another player/group came and wanted CE the first group would have to give either it or the crypt up. But if they keep crypt, and another group came in and said "we want to split crypt" the first group could tell them to suck it, because they've got the mobs claimed already.

I don't know if that exact rule would work, but I just feel like the simpler, less ambiguous, and more globally-applicable the rules are the more likely everyone on the server is to follow them without creating drama ... and I feel like the current solo camp rules are much closer to that than the group ones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try red? not enough people there to steal or 2box...
more than 90% of the players on red use phone tether box
Old 10-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
more than 90% of the players on red use phone tether box
This sounds like a very well-researched and fact-based claim!
Old 10-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or perhaps to prevent the hypothetical of a wizard AFKing at a giant fort for 30 minutes and coming back to find 2 other people moved in and started killing, and using the excuse of medding to explain why every single mob was left up for a lengthy period of time.
dunked, OP presented his case to the court of RnF and has been found wanting.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2017, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

In a community as small as p99 not being nice is just doing yourself a disfavour, people got good memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxPshq8ERo
Old 10-31-2017, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcosmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually you were soloing the two giants at the bottom of the ramp. We were logged out at the top of the ramp in the safe spot, when we logged in not a single mob was dead and we offered you to group. I'll post the logs.

[Thu Oct 26 14:21:58 2017] Zabs says, 'hellow'
[Thu Oct 26 14:22:06 2017] Applesaws says, 'hi'
[Thu Oct 26 14:22:15 2017] Zabs says, 'wow thanks'
[Thu Oct 26 14:24:44 2017] Zabs says, 'you guys really suck'
[Thu Oct 26 14:24:53 2017] You say, 'um, k'
[Thu Oct 26 14:25:21 2017] Applesaws says, '???'
[Thu Oct 26 14:26:23 2017] Zabs says, 'i was here just cause i cant kill as fast as you doesnt give you the right bro'
[Thu Oct 26 14:26:49 2017] Applesaws says, 'everything was up'
[Thu Oct 26 14:26:52 2017] Applesaws says, 'outside too'
[Thu Oct 26 14:26:59 2017] Zabs says, 'i was medding '
[Thu Oct 26 14:27:05 2017] Applesaws says, 'we wouldnt care if you wanna solo outside mobs'
[Thu Oct 26 14:27:19 2017] Applesaws says, 'since you are alone, seems fair to me'
[Thu Oct 26 14:27:23 2017] Zabs says, 'fuck you asshole'
[Thu Oct 26 14:27:34 2017] You say, 'right'
[Thu Oct 26 14:27:39 2017] You say, 'well, have a good day then, if you wanna group let us know'
[Thu Oct 26 14:28:44 2017] Zabs says, 'Hail'
[Thu Oct 26 14:28:54 2017] Zabs says, 'have fun dickhead'
[Thu Oct 26 14:29:00 2017] You say, 'thanks'

We were also there BEFORE you, however you never came up the ramp to see that. We also offer players that pass by groups all the time.
I don't know why this is hard.

OP, if you're opening up conversations with people by insulting and cursing them, no one is going to want to work with you. Since you're a wizard, here is the number of spawns you need and can realistically handle:

Next time, instead of immediately throwing a tantrum, try sending the other players a tell along the lines of

"Hey, just FYI, I have been camping this spot. I only need 4 mobs to quad though, so you guys can kill all the extras as long as you leave 4 mobs up for me, please."

Most players will respond to that with "oh, sure, no problem." And then you wouldn't need to come to R&F.

I don't know how you've gotten a wizard to high level without having to deal with people moving in on camps you're quadding, since the nature of quadding leaves multiple mobs at a camp up at a time. If I had a 5pp for every time I had someone roll up on SK gnolls with a level 45+ while I was quadding them at 30, I'd be able to afford a fungi. Your options are to work something out with those players or just deal with it and find other mobs, cause you can't claim entire outdoor camps to yourself - you get one mob you can claim, that's it.

Getting confrontational right from the start just ensures you're going to have to try to compete with them, and as a solo wizard that is a competition you are going to lose every time.
Closed Thread