Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-09-2022, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

So we went from. Dewd just uz root instad! to D00d just let mobs run!

Classic DSM when hes losing his ass in an argument. cant win with facts go with reptition and idiocy. anyways im not getting sucked into one of your posting black holes.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Classic DSM when hes losing his ass in a argument.
You are the one who lost the argument, by your own words. You are just being a sore loser hehe.

Please name the camps where your magical scenario happens, where your group is so bad it is having the Cleric CC because they just can't kill a mob at 20% in camp.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Is this a shaman thread now?

I love human Inny (my cleric is this), but I think gnome is ultimately the best min/max option among your three choices. Whether that is what you want, OP, depends a lot on how you play. Human Inny has great starting stats, utility clicks, and general faction around the world. Gnome has bad starting stats, but being max shrunk at all times is great for more than just wallvision.

There are spots in both group and raid level play where being a gnome allows you to do something important that no other race can do: log in while being max shrunk after camping out in a tough spot. If you are adept at finding a good spot to camp, you can save your group or raid in spots where even a halfling may not be able to log in safely due to being in line of sight of nearby mobs. This is handy for all gnome classes, but particularly for clerics due to the ability to rez and recover their friends.

I wouldn't pick dark elf from your three choices unless I really liked their fashion. It's ok, but I definitely prefer human fashion.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-09-2022, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are the one who lost the argument, by your own words. You are just being a sore loser hehe.
Dude you lost before any argument started. enjoy your probes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomes would be best in terms of raw advantage. Wall Hacks + Tinkering is going to give you more benefit overall than Humans or Dark Elves if you are not planning on soloing a lot. Most clerics don't solo a lot, so this would probably be the best choice between the three in terms of raw advantage[.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude you lost before any argument started. enjoy your probes, though.
Lol such a sore loser.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a shaman thread now?

I love human Inny (my cleric is this), but I think gnome is ultimately the best min/max option among your three choices. Whether that is what you want, OP, depends a lot on how you play. Human Inny has great starting stats, utility clicks, and general faction around the world. Gnome has bad starting stats, but being max shrunk at all times is great for more than just wallvision.

There are spots in both group and raid level play where being a gnome allows you to do something important that no other race can do: log in while being max shrunk after camping out in a tough spot. If you are adept at finding a good spot to camp, you can save your group or raid in spots where even a halfling may not be able to log in safely due to being in line of sight of nearby mobs. This is handy for all gnome classes, but particularly for clerics due to the ability to rez and recover their friends.

I wouldn't pick dark elf from your three choices unless I really liked their fashion. It's ok, but I definitely prefer human fashion.

First off anyone can just buy ant potions. Second off, if you log out/in, you will still remain in the exact same posotion you were when you logged out and should not incur any aggro you would not have got when you were in your shrunken state. You may however be partially stuck in the wall which can be an annnyance but ist an issue.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Classic DSM when hes losing his ass in an argument. cant win with facts go with reptition and idiocy. anyways im not getting sucked into one of your posting black holes.
Quoted for emphasis
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2022, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
First off anyone can just buy ant potions. Second off, if you log out/in, you will still remain in the exact same posotion you were when you logged out and should not incur any aggro you would not have got when you were in your shrunken state. You may however be partially stuck in the wall which can be an annnyance but ist an issue.
Ant potions have nothing to do with it since I am talking about logging in shrunk. Logging in larger than you were in the position you occupied while shrunk can cause your model to be moved out of that position, and into line of sight of nearby mobs.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-09-2022, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ant potions have nothing to do with it since I am talking about logging in shrunk. Logging in larger than you were in the position you occupied while shrunk can cause your model to be moved out of that position, and into line of sight of nearby mobs.
Lets assume it is the case how exactly are you saving the raid, then? you can't rez them where they died. You cant summon corpse to rez since non-gnomes will get aggro. Do you corpse summon/rez an elite crew of gnomes who are gonna clear the mobs you apparetly already wiped to?
Old 08-10-2022, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry, But DMN and Troxx are just wrong. I have video evidence proving how ineffective the snare neck is. They have vague anecdotes of clerics needing to CC mobs that a group can't kill at 20% health. Somehow that Cleric is also saving mana by CCing all the time instead of medding.