Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quit
Old 10-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRayken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my god. Like fucking clockwork.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol
Old 10-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

You should venture to Feerrott / Swamp area. My Dark Elf SK was able to use the Troll and Ogre cities, so you could change your pace by exploring their starting areas in those two zones.

Qeynos area is also pretty fun. Qhills, Bburrow, WKarana, Erud's Crossing.

You should be evil enough to use the Qeynos Aqueducts area as a city no matter your class as a Dark Elf. Be careful of the human beggar Vin Moltar who roams the front of the Aqueduct system he was KOS to me and hit for 40-50, easy to avoid if you have invis, otherwise you will need to use an outside view to check around corners and be ready to swim back out to Qeynos North to escape quickly. However, the Qeynos Aqueducts has almost every trainer and even has a banker!

Ak-Anon area can be fun if you have invis to make it to the evil area?

Faydwer has no banks for evil race/class, although there is a neutral merchant at the Steamfont Mountains Druid Circle.

Toxxullia, Warrens, Kerra, Paineel is always an interesting place to venture if Qeynos turns out to bore you. I believe Dark Elves can go to Paineel? (not sure)
Old 10-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Befallen is a great place to cut your teeth if you want to experience classic EverQuest. Between avoiding the ghoul/Gynok PH and dealing with 4 spawns of necro + pet you will never be bored. Zone experience modifier (ZEM) is amazing, best in game.

Upper Guk also has a huge ZEM and you can do most of the entrance at your level. Less difficult than Befallen. Some OK loots here too, small gems and mesh armor. Buy/sell at Grobb nearby.

Warrens and Kerra Isle are decent spots too, lower ZEM, but the Warrens gives you faction with both good and evil Erudites along with the best cash for low levels, and Kerra provides uncontested killing with all the milk and fish you can drink and eat. Should be able to eventually hail the lawn guards in Paineel zone for keys to the heretic city and do your shopping and banking there, presuming you kill enough Warrens kobolds. You can turn in some kobold molars for a little XP and faction down there as well.

Blackburrow probably has the largest number of mobs in your level range, but it's a long walk from Nektulos (or from the Karanas if you can snag a port), and you won't be able to turn in the fangs without some help. Killing there will help your faction with the various Qeynos guards in the Karana areas, and the XP for turning in the fangs is very good if you can find someone to help you out with harmony and such.

Avoiding Crushbone is a good idea if you are a dark elf. No sense going out there and ruining your Indigo Brotherhood faction for basically nothing. The XP is good per mob, but it's almost always crowded as hell. Also Faydwer isn't a very friendly continent for a newbie dark elf.

Orc camps in East Commonlands are always an option too if you want to play it safe, get buffs from EC tunnelquesters and go out swinging, and it's close to Neriak. But that gets boring fast imo. That's the only outdoor camp I'd even consider at your level, btw.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Last edited by thufir; 10-17-2016 at 01:29 PM..
Old 10-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would NOT recommend to hunt in crushbone however as a dark elf because that ruins your indigo brotherhood faction -- the same faction as your home city in Neriak.
Would definitely recommend hunting other players in Crushbone as a Dark Elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would definitely recommend hunting other players in Crushbone as a Dark Elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tee hee
Old 10-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRayken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my god. Like fucking clockwork.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed...

High maintenance.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

If you wanted to get past those tough early levels you could always beg for buffs at WC druid ring and kill wisps and spiders in WC. Seems to work pretty well and most druids are very generous with buffs. Keep greater lightstones and turn them in at the DE camp in Sro for some decent exp and plat.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:03 AM
Kobold

Are you not the same idiot that was complaining about not getting a IP exempt within a few days? Said you would quiet blah blah blah? Why you backing down dude?
Old 10-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Kobold

He was all over, posting non-stop. And now he's silent. I called it.
Closed Thread