Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe we could address what the issue was that made him freak out. So we can fine tune the event.

Like I said I am open to getting with red99 leaders and ironing some things out. I don't know everything, I need you guys to help out as well.

Your Humble Servant,

Cylock
he summoned beefed up versions of cazic thule and innoruuk that didn't actually cast any abilities and then tried to force everyone to work together to kill them

when that didn't happen for obvious reasons, he freaked out in global /ooc and then never logged onto red again, other than to strip banned peoples' characters for his underground RMT racket
Old 03-16-2017, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to increase the population enable 2 boxing. You will see the pop double overnight. Also, unban everyone that is banned so they can come back and slay dragons.

Another idea to increase pop is to open up Gnome paladin/sk and Halfling Paladin/Rangers

Blue to red transfers without gear would also increase the population hugely. When the blue to red/red to blue trade ban was implemented the population decreased by 23%.

GM events are not going to increase the pop. You have to make some major changes to the way red is operated. Like handling petitions in less than 6 months for example.
bud you are making suggestions to what is arguably a shin ghoul knight in terms of staff rank.

he asked for suggestions on stuff that he can do, such as events. but since uthgaard and to a lesser extent derubael, some of the permissions Cylock thinks Sirken has, he doesn't have. Sirken has stated on his podcast in the past that by his own free will he didn't want even the partial DB access that even Braknar was given (and probably still has).

Sirken may have taken some permission responsibilities back since then, as no other GM exists, but my understanding was that ultimately final decision on any event is coming from Rogean and Nilbog if it involves rewards/mobs since other GMs couldn't control themselves.

its difficult to run events here since uthgaard proved he couldn't handle his alcohol and damaged the classic legitimacy of what GM event activities are acceptable.

While a full blown uthgaard style event is unlikely, we'll at least get some Moregan/Derubael style events assuming Sirken cooperates.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-16-2017, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he summoned beefed up versions of cazic thule and innoruuk that didn't actually cast any abilities and then tried to force everyone to work together to kill them

when that didn't happen for obvious reasons, he freaked out in global /ooc and then never logged onto red again, other than to strip banned peoples' characters for his underground RMT racket
I personally don't forsee any major problems with Dagnor's Cauldron 2.0.

Derubael wasn't half the man that Cylock is. As long as the rules are clearly stated in advance (and assuming Sirken is somewhat participating) I don't see Dagnor's 1.0 happening again.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-16-2017, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to increase the population enable 2 boxing. You will see the pop double overnight. Also, unban everyone that is banned so they can come back and slay dragons.

Another idea to increase pop is to open up Gnome paladin/sk and Halfling Paladin/Rangers

Blue to red transfers without gear would also increase the population hugely. When the blue to red/red to blue trade ban was implemented the population decreased by 23%.

GM events are not going to increase the pop. You have to make some major changes to the way red is operated. Like handling petitions in less than 6 months for example.
1. 2boxing is rampant as it is so pop wont really increase.

2. blue to red xfers would help for sure.

3. the gnome/halfing thing is a good idea

if Cylock wants to improve red99 to the best of it's potential it just needs to be reset/wiped. A single GM event here and there isn't going to bring life on to a server where 97% of the pop want a reset.
I'd wager there's ~150-200 players just sitting on the sideline waiting for a reset.

The best parts of EQ for most is leveling, gearing, camping, questing etc. it's actually a small minority that want to churn the same content over, and over and over ( coz addiction).
Factor in the PvP flavor that comes with Red99 and that's the real drawcard for many. Offering a bunch of tired vets who addictively farm what is effectively a dead box a GM event here and there isn't going to promote the server as the fundamentally the server is dead.

If it's new life you want, it needs a reset, simple as that.

( just been honest, not been combative, much love )
Last edited by Beastagoog; 03-16-2017 at 04:04 AM..
Old 03-16-2017, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

I wholeheartedy agree with the post above me. The fun of EQ is the journey not the destination. Raiding sucks.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Banned

can't wait to bump this thread two months from now
Old 03-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Honestly it's people like this that also make the server hard to get new players. Legit no trolling, beastagor doesn't play on the server. He is saying retarded numbers like 97 percent of the server wants a wipe, which isn't remotely true, and then pulls an imaginary massive number to support his claim. We need a board warrior just as much as an in game gm to make sure the new players don't see this and think this is a true representation. But as long as no one does anything about these people who post shit every day but don't play we are just gonna lose potential players. Feel free to read the quote and think to yourself, if I was a random person checking out p99 red, I'd go to the forums and see this shit. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. 2boxing is rampant as it is so pop wont really increase.

2. blue to red xfers would help for sure.

3. the gnome/halfing thing is a good idea

if Cylock wants to improve red99 to the best of it's potential it just needs to be reset/wiped. A single GM event here and there isn't going to bring life on to a server where 97% of the pop want a reset.
I'd wager there's ~150-200 players just sitting on the sideline waiting for a reset.

The best parts of EQ for most is leveling, gearing, camping, questing etc. it's actually a small minority that want to churn the same content over, and over and over ( coz addiction).
Factor in the PvP flavor that comes with Red99 and that's the real drawcard for many. Offering a bunch of tired vets who addictively farm what is effectively a dead box a GM event here and there isn't going to promote the server as the fundamentally the server is dead.

If it's new life you want, it needs a reset, simple as that.

( just been honest, not been combative, much love )
Old 03-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platexchange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it's people like this that also make the server hard to get new players. Legit no trolling, beastagor doesn't play on the server. He is saying retarded numbers like 97 percent of the server wants a wipe, which isn't remotely true, and then pulls an imaginary massive number to support his claim. We need a board warrior just as much as an in game gm to make sure the new players don't see this and think this is a true representation. But as long as no one does anything about these people who post shit every day but don't play we are just gonna lose potential players. Feel free to read the quote and think to yourself, if I was a random person checking out p99 red, I'd go to the forums and see this shit. No thanks.
The majority of players would like a fresh box and there is no doubt in my mind that the population would double, even if momentarily, if there was a reset. You can hate on these predictions all you want but more people agree with them than there are people that agree with you.

With that said the 97% figure was stupid.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wholeheartedy agree with the post above me. The fun of EQ is the journey not the destination. Raiding sucks.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Its more like 96.7 percent don't throw out bullshit numbers.

No doubt tons of people would come to play on an even footing on a fresh vanilla content server w/ item loot in a world where there is reasonable balance between best geared and worst geared guys.

Good times ahead!

I am majorly worried about another custom ruleset server which is what was attempted originally with red99 and helped bring this server to the sad state it is in today. I think the most innovative thing to do is make a legitimate rallos zek classic server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-16-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Closed Thread