Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-01-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, you're out of line because you're making too many assumptions. I spelled it out previously, so step back, re-read, and recognize that I have fair reason for harboring what you called "paranoia."
I read and re-read your post ... and I still think you're paranoid.

Joint pain is not going to make you fail an AFK check. Going to the bathroom or taking other breaks while playing will not make you fail an AFK check. And most importantly of all, if you're just playing EQ with another person (and not "I play for twenty minutes, the other person buffs/heals me, then I go back to playing") you'll never even be given an AFK check in the first place.

If you're truly that worried, spell out a scenario under which you think you could get banned, and I (and others I'm sure) will explain how it can't happen. I challenge you.

Look, you can have all the irrational worries you want: that's on you. Seems like a stressful way to live/play, but I can't stop you.

But don't come to a public forum and feed the troll saying there's something wrong with the server policy on two-boxing ... when you don't have a shred of evidence to show otherwise. Personally I find it incredibly offensive to the staff, who've put in a lot of work to create a fair system that has successfully banned a bunch of cheaters, while allowing honest players like you and I to have a (relatively) cheater-free server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-01-2022 at 02:22 PM..
Old 06-01-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Several different guides and GMs over the years have directly told me I could potentially eat a ban if someone AFK's at the wrong time for even a few minutes. I take them at their words. When I first started here a guide explicitly suggested it would be prudent to make it as obvious as possible we're separate players, so we did. Why not? Years later a staff member directly said it was unwise to let a then-6 year old play and we'd risk a ban if we did. Again I'll take his word. Why shouldn't I? Finally, if you don't think joint pain can interfere with someone's ability to perform specific coordinated movements on demand then all I can say is enjoy your obviously good health in that respect.

I don't think I'm feeding any troll by suggesting folks make the staff's job as easy as possible to try to reduce the odds of human error.

Danth
Old 06-01-2022, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Several different guides and GMs over the years have directly told me I could potentially eat a ban if someone AFK's at the wrong time for even a few minutes. I take them at their words. When I first started here a guide explicitly suggested it would be prudent to make it as obvious as possible we're separate players, so we did. Why not? Years later a staff member directly said it was unwise to let a then-6 year old play and we'd risk a ban if we did. Again I'll take his word. Why shouldn't I? Finally, if you don't think joint pain can interfere with someone's ability to perform specific coordinated movements on demand then all I can say is enjoy your obviously good health in that respect.

I don't think I'm feeding any troll by suggesting folks make the staff's job as easy as possible to try to reduce the odds of human error.

Danth
We talked in PMs so I'll mostly leave it to that, but I just want to point out that there's a huge difference between an adult and a child playing EQ. A six-year old might have difficulty following even basic instructions like running in a circle, so the GMs were right to caution you.

An adult (even one with joint pain, RSI, etc.) ... if they are capable of playing the game of EverQuest ... is capable of passing the boxing test. Unless they conveniently go AFK right as you get asked to perform said test ... but (again) you'll never be asked to take such a test if you're actually playing the game like two humans, and not soloing with the second account supporting periodically.

I can't say it's impossible, but it would take a true "perfect storm" of A) you "soloing with wife support" (ie. looking just like a boxer; hard to do with two actual players), B) wife goes AFK just when you get asked to test, and C) wife can't come back from afk in a reasonable amount of time ... which is very improbable.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-01-2022 at 03:51 PM..
Old 06-01-2022, 03:47 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]