Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-23-2023, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are super nice or socially detached. Most of us are old and most people in the tunnel afk. It’s a game you can “play” without much effort.

You gotta do you though. Quitting now will save you hundreds if not thousands of hours.
Wasn't there a guild on Blue99 awhile named <Socially Detached>?
Old 07-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

hey you goon, it's easy to see your post history. You are a liar and obviously need therapy. Quit stinking up the noobie zone for attention.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Cool

@OP or anyone else having a hard time connecting with other playera on Green/Blue:

Most people are courteous or friendly, esp if greeted friendly or in a neutral way in /say or /tell etc, even many times as well if you make an earnest and friendly request in a zone-wide channel like /ooc or /shout... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The real kicker here though is the biggest thing that will influence how much player interaction/reply you get on P99 is the TIME of day IRL that you are playing at.

You may sinply be playing at the most dead/unpopulated time of day for P99 most of the time? And I believe there are very often times when its the middle of the night in North America/USA that half or more of the "Online" players are actually fast asleep/AFK.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Aviak

seeems off base, one of the things i love about p99 is the community
Old 07-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Dont give up sir ! A lot of people are semi afk doing chores while they chill there. My brother and i are getting back into the game , you are welcome to join us anytime !
Old 07-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Banned

How one responds to classic EQ\p99 is a great insight into how they respond to actual real life. Most of the time it sucks and it's tiring and tedious. But the highs are high and the lows are low, which I definitely prefer to being hooked up to some kind of nutrient machine that keeps me technically alive but ultimately indifferent for my entire existence (modern mmos)
Old 07-03-2023, 06:18 PM
Skeleton

Thank you for your overwhelmingly kind responses. I was wrong for sure. I must've had extremely bad luck. You've surely proved it. Minus the 2 anti-social keyboard warriors
Old 07-03-2023, 06:20 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey you goon, it's easy to see your post history. You are a liar and obviously need therapy. Quit stinking up the noobie zone for attention.
No. You are the one who needs therapy. Did you take your meds today? You don't like dialogue that's a YOU problem. You're projecting your own mental case on me. Tough guy. Anger issues you need psych for. You got the wrong one .
Old 07-23-2023, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Oof idk man. I do feel where you're coming from. The longer Green has been around, and the higher the population, the worse people's overall behaviour has got. That's my experience honestly.

The number of people calling themselves "Smokin Nugz" or "Bigballz McBoogerbuttz" or other dumbass names pisses me off too. I actually petition them and I think P99 does do something about it, it's really jarring to see stuff like that in the game.

One dude was slowly kiting mobs directly through my camp, he was miles away, so far he wasn't even in view, I tag the mob and he starts screaming how I'm a fatass / I should stfu etc. Just one of many examples of "WTF" behaviour in this game. Another dude, a lil gnome enc, harassed the whole party every step of the way down to Judges in Splitpaw. I got tired of him giving everyone - and me - such a hard time, he freaks out again and it destroys the group, everyone porting out and leaving the ogre down there... fortunately I'm an SK and just invis'd all the way to the entrance, point being, people are *spiteful* in this game sometimes. Like holy shit.

Then there's the other 90% of interactions that are totally fine. Idk it's weird. There are a lot of people who need to be medicated playing this game.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

I've been here off and on since 2010 and never has issues with players I've ran into, to be fair I've never met gigatrolls named "Smokeweedz Err'Day" or "Da Swampdonkey" so maybe I have confirmation bias?

Easiest solution, if you're here for the game and not the players, is to solo, just as the Lord intended. Can't have a bad experience with certain players if you never group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], yes it's an MMO, but the fact that certain classes are super strong solo means the devs wanted people to have options and play however they wanted.