Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up Ducking should interuppt your cast for the love of skillful PVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Please make it so you can instantly cancel spellls by ducking!! It makes pvp a lot more skillful and you can adjust to new situations a lot faster instead of being stuck in a 7 second cast.
What's the reason for it not working anyway? Why the change from the Blue server?

Half of the time PVP just becomes becomes a guessing game with the current system in 1v1 situations since you can't instantly duck and adjust. For example Lovely is casting an Ice comet. Target starts running OOR. Then Lovely would like to to cancel it and try a snare/root/stun instead of running around stuck in my cast for 6.3 seconds.

I really don't see a reason for it not working beside that it might help baddies that only spam Ice comet for example [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

So in your delusional thought process a system where you can instantly stop any "incorrect spell choice" promotes skill over a system that requires you to make thoughtful choices on which spells to cast ahead of time?

lol wut
Old 11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Aviak

The current system of ducking as intended provides for a higher level of skill. You absolutely have to think about what you prefer to cast and the consequences.

It's a small but simple way of bridging the gap between casters and melee.

Definitely should not be changed from how it was in classic.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Aviak

it also allows you to respond to a situation that changes rather then just guessing what the situation will be by the end of your spell. much more fun imo.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in your delusional thought process a system where you can instantly stop any "incorrect spell choice" promotes skill over a system that requires you to make thoughtful choices on which spells to cast ahead of time?
this.

or try jumping, seriously.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

yea, try jumping off a bridge u fucking moran
Old 11-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

lol
Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Naez 4.20 Send a message via AIM to Naez 4.20 Send a message via MSN to Naez 4.20 Send a message via Yahoo to Naez 4.20

not classic working as intended
Old 11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naez 4.20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not classic working as intended
Not classic, ruining my immersion.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not the point, ducking to stop casting was in classic. I see no good reason to alter it.
Closed Thread