Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Orc

Default I have failed to make it work!

Hello everyone. I am trying to play.

I have Titanium. I installed Titanium. I created the shortcut and all that. I then installed the EQEMU loader. I clicked on the 1999 server.

I get, "Your spells are out of date" when I get to the character select screen.

I have been trying and trying and trying for over three weeks now to figure this out. Do I have to use the Steam version? I am on Windows 8, and Steam and me don't get along since them.

I would be super thrilled with any assistance I could get here. I really, really want to play EQ again... the way it was!

Thank you so, so much. I am sorry if this is in the wrong place or what-have-you. I just have been struggling for so long now that I'm desperate for some help. Thanks!

~Nimm
Last edited by Nimmanu; 10-07-2013 at 08:30 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Kobold

no you go to the getting started page on this website and download the spell files
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Orc

So I install Titanium, and then go to the Getting Started page and download spell files? Then I just place them into the Titanium install?

I'm sorry to sound like an idiot, I'm just frustrated to near tears at this point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The reason I'm asking is because I downloaded the EQEMU thing. It didn't seem to install anything.

I followed the instructions and I can't find anything that says to download anything other than the EQEMU thing, and if I want velious textures.

I'm sorry. I'm not as look as I am dumbing on this. I swear! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nimmanu; 10-07-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Banned

right click and run the EQemu launcher as Administrator, and launch eqgame.exe as adminstrator
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Orc

Thank you, thank you!

Did I mention thank you??

I am so grateful. Apparently while EQ was recognizing me as admin, eqemu wasn't.

I'm in now, and I can't thank you enough!