Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Follow-up; here are the relevant stacking pages for the bard song (and note that all this data is scraped from the spell files in game, so it's not subjective):

Cantata of Replenishment: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking...59&source=Live
Niv's Melody of Preservation: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking...48&source=Live

Hymn of Restoration doesn't even have a stacking page: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=15007

The way Lucy stacking pages work is that they list everything that uses up the same stacking "slot" ... iel. everything that doesn't stack. Thus, not having each others' names listed indicates that (on live at least) all three stack.

If you look at the history tabs on those songs, it doesn't seem like the stacking changed, except for this entry:

Quote:
2008-07-09 02:52 Changed Spell_class from to 5
2008-07-09 02:52 Changed Spell_subclass from to 51
I'm honestly not sure what Lucy thinks a "spell class/subclass" is, so that might indicate a stacking change in 2008, which would completely explain the difference between P99 and live. Or it might be some meaningless unrelated change, and P99 could actually have a flaw in their spell stacking.

Not being a bard, I'm honestly too lazy to look, but if someone cared you could start by looking at the release notes in July 2008 to see if they mention stacking changes, or you could learn what a spell's "spell class" is in official terms.

Again, the devs here like making things more classic, so if those songs don't stack and anyone can find proof they should, it should mean a fix. And if anyone can show that they did change on live, and that there's no bug in our classic EQ code ... I'll happily update the Buff Lines page.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi is 15, Regrowth is 15. Ring 10 is 10 and 3 AOB items is another 16. Basically sacrificing 14 regen (about 6mana/tick).

Does AOB stack on top of worn regen past 15? Assuming max mana regen and never getting hit would optimum set up be fungi, casted regen, 3 AoB items, FT 5?

Not criticizing you choices, I'm certainly guilty of the same. Just spit balling different setups and I always forget where the caps are outside of 15 worn, 15 spell.
Maybe a noob question here, but does the innate regen of iksar/troll stack with all of these? Or is there a total regen cap that makes the extra innate regen redundant?
Old 11-14-2020, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a noob question here, but does the innate regen of iksar/troll stack with all of these? Or is there a total regen cap that makes the extra innate regen redundant?
There is a regen cap I believe but it’s like 50(?). Racial regen does stack and is very worthwhile.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes racial regen stacks with everything, it is not considered in any of the caps mentioned. A Torpor Shaman doesn't really meditate, so racial regeneration is +8 standing at level 60. A Troll/Iksar can get up to +40 regen per tick standing without a bard, and Ogres/Barbarians can get up to +32. Once you get Torpor, worn/spell regeneration loses a lot of utility because Torpor is +300 regen per tick. This is why you don't see a lot of Torpor Shamans still using Fungi Tunic as their main chest piece.

Mathematically Troll/Iksar regeneration gives you 4800 HP per hour over Ogres/Barbarians, assuming you are always under 100% HP. That is saving you 3-4 Torpors per hour, which means it is only saving you 2 minutes per hour at best. You can check out my Shaman race guide in my signature for more details on that, and videos.