View Poll Results: Does he
Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Used to be there was 1 scotus judge per court circuit. That's more than 9!

So I mean, yeah, originalism. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This post sponsored by Bristlebane.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Used to be there was 1 scotus judge per court circuit. That's more than 9!

So I mean, yeah, originalism. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This post sponsored by Bristlebane.
I read that because they had to be in district courts and travel was so slow back in the 1800s, they were very rarely home and usually there would be no more than 2 in washington.

Fun job I bet, driving around on madison train cars all over the bustling new lands of the west and industrial revolution in the east and getting involved in all the behind the scene's drama about it all.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-13-2020 at 07:35 PM..
Old 10-13-2020, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

huh, 15 of the 23 amendments added to the constitution were added by the republican party lol.

Lol if you think that's ironic, the first 10 (Bill of rights) were actually added to the constitution in order to get the federalists to even sign the damn thing.

So that's 25/33 amendments, made by federalists & Republicans.

So I dont think this whole republicans are originalists idea has any legs :P
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-13-2020 at 07:52 PM..
Old 10-13-2020, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

How do you "conservatives" feel about all of the states reducing their ballot boxes down to ONE per county? Willing to let people die of Covid but you don't want them to vote? Or did they not mention that on your fox news feed?
Old 10-13-2020, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm skimming your post BB because its very long!
You know, I'm not arrogant to believe everyone will read my posts, or that anyone at all will for that matter. But I do expect it as a common courtesy of people commenting on it. Being upfront that you didn't read it and here come all your inferences based on your skimming gives you credit for honesty if nothing else.

So here are just two things that you didn't understand, perhaps because I was unclear, although perhaps not:

Quote:
OK so you also affirm that we should repeal all amendments besides the first 10? Or are you against the bill of rights too? That was before the ratification, so I think that one is allowed to stay if you are a federalist.
I never said that and there's no way you could you possibly infer that. The Founders intended for the Constitution to be amended. They very specifically wanted it changed to account for the future unknown and they described a specific process for doing so which has produced a great many amendments, legally and constitutionally just like it was indented. They changed it as soon as they wrote it with the additional Bill of Rights, and they kept adding and changing stuff since. That's all proper and fine because that's the originalist view; that the Founders intended all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although I find any of these arguments to be dubious because just a few pages ago you said the opposite of ALL of this, and said that you wanted the republicans to appoint judges because they are the ones that protect the sanctity of life.

This stands in stark contrast to everything you wrote in your recent post :

Quote:
BlackBellamy wisely wrote: This is why I and other Republicans object to Roe v. Wade. Not because it legalized abortion. No one in their right mind understands abortion can be completely banned. It's because it legalized abortion for convenience as a matter of privacy and said yes this is Constitutional and proper. We disagree. If you want to have your abortions you need to come up with a better reason than it's my business. .
I don't even know what to do about this^^^

You write:

Quote:
because they are the ones that protect the sanctity of life.
and then you quote me going:

Quote:
Not because it legalized abortion.
So you refute your own argument with my quote and so save me the trouble?

I'm not against Roe v. Wade BECAUSE it legalized abortion. I'm against Roe v. Wade because it was decided unconstitutionally, with the courts usurping power reserved for Congress.

The fact that repealing Roe v. Wade would make abortion more difficult is a desirable outcome but not the reason I oppose it.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you "conservatives" feel about all of the states reducing their ballot boxes down to ONE per county? Willing to let people die of Covid but you don't want them to vote? Or did they not mention that on your fox news feed?
Are you kidding? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...ail-in-ballots !!!

We're extremely well informed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We not only get Fox News, we're told by our Republican Overlords to consume the fake news outlets too so we know what you're being lied to about! This way we can come right back with a witty reply or a timely link debunking your obviously badly-constructed conspiracy theory.

I feel pretty good about our voter-suppression efforts, I think it's time we finally started to get ahead in that game practiced by the Democrats for so long.

I had an idea of replacing water with gin the day before the election in all neighborhoods below a certain income threshold but I was told "that is too much gin".
Old 10-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said that and there's no way you could you possibly infer that. The Founders intended for the Constitution to be amended. They very specifically wanted it changed to account for the future unknown and they described a specific process for doing so which has produced a great many amendments, legally and constitutionally just like it was indented. They changed it as soon as they wrote it with the additional Bill of Rights, and they kept adding and changing stuff since. That's all proper and fine because that's the originalist view; that the Founders intended all that.
Sounds like a living document, bud. Are you sure you know what originalism is?
Old 10-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you kidding? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...ail-in-ballots !!!

We're extremely well informed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We not only get Fox News, we're told by our Republican Overlords to consume the fake news outlets too so we know what you're being lied to about! This way we can come right back with a witty reply or a timely link debunking your obviously badly-constructed conspiracy theory.

I feel pretty good about our voter-suppression efforts, I think it's time we finally started to get ahead in that game practiced by the Democrats for so long.

I had an idea of replacing water with gin the day before the election in all neighborhoods below a certain income threshold but I was told "that is too much gin".
Thanks for not answering the question.

"If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”
Old 10-13-2020, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You know, I'm not arrogant to believe everyone will read my posts, or that anyone at all will for that matter. But I do expect it as a common courtesy of people commenting on it. Being upfront that you didn't read it and here come all your inferences based on your skimming gives you credit for honesty if nothing else.I'm against Roe v. Wade because it was decided unconstitutionally, with the courts usurping power reserved for Congress.

I'm against Roe v. Wade because it was decided unconstitutionally, with the courts usurping power reserved for Congress.
Dont be so down on yourself, I did read your post 3 times.

I think I get your point correct me if I am wrong:
1. you personally are anti abortion
2. you want republicans because they are "origionalists" and that coincidentally is anti abortion, so thats a bonus, its the "origionalist" thing you're after.

I need to know what origionalist means, what does it mean? Ive made some pretty compelling arguments that it's republicans that have made more changes to the constitution than the democrats have, and also what is not originalist about interpreting 2 100 year old amendments to mean you cant federally outlaw abortion? or to allow gay marriage? Is it just those original like, social takes on those social issues what you mean by origionlists?

How was rvw unconstitutional?
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-13-2020 at 09:42 PM..
Old 10-13-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
How was rvw unconstitutional?
He was high and mistook a criticism of Marbury v. Madison as a good idea
Last edited by Woke Locc; 10-13-2020 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: fwiw jefferson would agree
Closed Thread