Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Ranger soloing Kunark 50+ tips

Hey all looking for some tips on where to hunt as a 50 Ranger in Kunark.

I'm noticing the old method of root rot in classic doesn't hold up nearly as well on many of the mobs I've been trying. Rangers don't get panic animal yet, so fear is out of the question. So I'm down to a method of root rot then face tanking once out of mana but even that is hairy.

I'm pretty well geared for classic, with only a few new pieces of Kunark gear. I'm using Dragon Horn Ykesha and Ebony Bladed Sword which both proc often. Have FBSS, so got haste. Maybe I need the Rain Caller for the mana free nuke? Wurmslayer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Rain Caller gets 5 charges and that's it, kinda shitty but that's the way it goes. Root & shoot if you wanna use DoTs to full effect, if Root won't stick reliably Snare kite and save the mana since the DoT damage will be extra weak vs. moving mobs.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rain Caller gets 5 charges and that's it, kinda shitty but that's the way it goes. Root & shoot if you wanna use DoTs to full effect, if Root won't stick reliably Snare kite and save the mana since the DoT damage will be extra weak vs. moving mobs.
Oh wow, didn't realize Rain Caller had 5 charges.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 11-14-2020, 10:36 AM
Banned

Dual wield wurmslayers while you can the ratio is unbeatable in offhand at this time and looks badass.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Get a swarm caller. Melee and arrow kite

Thats all you can do.

Velious will give you panic animal so you can fear kite, which is better.

You should use swarm caller until it procs then switch to the 2x wurmys or something DPS and then back to swarm caller to keep mob slowed.

You should have basically infinite mana for healing yourself after these battles sitting down while casting and stuff like that.

Regen BP of some kind helps a lot.

As mentioned the rain caller has charges so that aint gunna help you except for those stats.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

I just wanted to reiterate that swarmcaller is the number 1 most important item for you.

It means you take 34 percent less damage.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to reiterate that swarmcaller is the number 1 most important item for you.

It means you take 34 percent less damage.
For sure looking for one thanks for the info!
Old 11-16-2020, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

While Swarmcaller is definitely #1, a regen BP is a close 2nd. Then probably a better DPS weapon to swap out to after the slow procs.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Binding at the OT wall made a big difference for me on soloing with my ranger.

1. May not be true but heard you can sneak behind the quest giver in Overthere to do the Sarnak Berserker braid quest. If you are from green did you pick up a DE mask? Could get more out of it all. Pretty good exp after they turn off the no exp from quests stuff (even when the berserkers are green) (wish I had done this if true)

2. Don't overlook the bees in burning woods at the higher levels you can using Dismiss summoning on them. There is a safe spot where you can pull to the wall of the zone near a plateau and around the hive. At first stick to greens which will give you exp and then move to the blue.

3. If you get swarm caller and it maybe a long haul try to solo in the giant camp in burning wood from 59 to 60. Greens and blues but the safest inside the camp walls.

Swarmcaller really makes the difference and then collecting HP gear.
Archery and root rotting works if you get too low on hp.

Soloing with a ranger isn't easy. I would just group and solo when bored.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Point 1 is true, Harmony+Sneak makes it easy to do the turnins while KOS. Sneak bascially lets you do any quest turnin which doesn't require better than indifferent faction.
Rainik, ALS' guild leader, did almost all of level 59 off of enough braid turnins to go from max KOS to high enough faction to get his hammer on Blue.