Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Why does root suck?

Could someone please explain why root breaks all the time? I'm talking about casting it on blues, and it breaks 2 seconds later. This sort of defeats the purpose of having a root spell at all...
Old 02-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Higher level root spells last longer (I think Paralyzing Earth may be as long as two minutes), so at least you have that to look forward to. I still remember the base "Root" spell to be pretty useful on its own though ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Banned

you need to flick your wrist more 3/4 of te way thru spel

it's similar to wingardium leviosA instead of wingardium leviOSa
Old 02-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higher level root spells last longer (I think Paralyzing Earth may be as long as two minutes), so at least you have that to look forward to. I still remember the base "Root" spell to be pretty useful on its own though ...
I'm a lvl 34 druid...and it still sucks.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Nothing, I'm just tired of having to cast it 5 times to kill a single mob...spending as much mana on root nearly as dots.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

I literally just had to cast it 6 times in one fight to kill a rhino...that's outrageous. This cannot be correct.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:46 PM
Banned

are you basing this complaint off of your rhino quest or all mobs?

i think rhinos are especially resistant
Old 02-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

I have been playing my shaman quite a bit and it seems fine. I seem to get max duration roots over 50% of the time on blue cons that are quite a bit below me (will likely turn green next level). Then of course nukes and some dots have a chance to break it when the land. I don't have any data, but feels like about 20% of the time it breaks on one of those.

It was a long time ago, and i'm not going to go do a bunch of research, but this is consistent with my memory that roots were not guaranteed duration and nukes and shit could break them.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Where are you hunting Supaskillz? Because it's not in the OT I'm guessing...
Old 02-19-2018, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where are you hunting Supaskillz? Because it's not in the OT I'm guessing...
Mobs in OT have crazy resists, which is why I never animal charm there (but happily animal charm without issue in many other zones). I have no idea if that's classic or a P99 thing (it feels like a P99 thing to discourage people from an already overly-popular zone, but I didn't play a Druid much back on live so I don't know for certain).

Either way, I wouldn't base your entire opinion of the spell solely on how it works against some of the most resistant (for their level) animals in the entire game.

P.S. As a side note, a Druid of your level can get XP MUCH faster with animal charming than with root/rotting (especially if you can get a Goblin Ghazugi Ring, although even if you can't and have to cast invis on yourself it's still better XP). I definitely recommend checking it out.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-19-2018 at 07:01 PM..
Closed Thread