Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Large Rat

Default Returning Player

Hey guys haven't played EQ in years, started to get the itch to come back. I did play on EZ for a bit but I'd like the classic experience again. Last night I scoured these forums for a class to play, can't figure just what yet, thought about a shaman but sounds like they are abundant so I made a gnome cleric named Gnaughty. Hope to see you guys around, maybe someone can give me some pointers on what to play? I would love to play a rogue, however cleric is fine.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to project 1999! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Both rogue and cleric are always in high demand by all guilds!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Large Rat

Default Thanks

OK made an assling rogue named Boppee, going to try cleric out as well as rogue a bit and see what fits thanks!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Large Rat

Uhh which of those two classes are going to be able to get going to at least in the 20's soloing easier? It's been so long since I've played.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaikajohn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhh which of those two classes are going to be able to get going to at least in the 20's soloing easier? It's been so long since I've played.
A lesser geared rogue is going to struggle soloing. It's one of the easiest classes to gear for group effectiveness though, as all you really need is a decent weapon and some haste.

A lesser geared cleric is the same,as in a lot of gear is not needed but a group is. Cleric is much better riding the coat tails of a group, healing them so they can do all the work.

Neither of these classes are particularly very good soloing, especially when not twinked.

If you want a melee class for soloing monk is better, requires lesser gears and the biggest advantage is having mend as a heal and FD to avoid deaths.

If you want a soloing healer, druids and shaman both solo quite well, Druid requires much less gear and their spells at higher levels are not nearly as expensive. Shaman requires a lot of plats to gear.

I'm not saying your rogue and cleric will be impossible to solo with, but you better get accustomed to begging for buffs as much as possible, grabbing HP, haste, and mana regen for the cleric when you are soloing.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Large Rat

Default Ugh

Well it looks like an uphill struggle then, I played both classes back in the day got both epics and all that. Just can't decide which class to stick with yet.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaikajohn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it looks like an uphill struggle then, I played both classes back in the day got both epics and all that. Just can't decide which class to stick with yet.
Hey if you go cleric, consider human cleric of innoruuk!

You can wear robes.

You can do the Innoruuk disciple necklace quest which gives you a nice clicky snare necklace!

You can quest for a really neat shield from Paineel called the Dread Forged Shield!

You can quest a really nice insta clicky helm called the Fright Forged Helm which buffs you with the necro spell Deadeye!

You ALSO can quest the Terror Forged Mask that gives a clicky fear effect!

Also, human clerics are uncommon, even more so evil human clerics... This may sound bad but straddling this racial/deity combination allows you entry into cities like Neriak which normally shun humans as well as good cities like Freeport and nearly every other good race city!

The quests I mentioned require some faction questing to do, but I personally found them fulfilling and fun to do as I leveled up.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Large Rat

Default Chanter

I decided to go with an enchanter named woogee, shoot me a tell if ya need something.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I'm in the same boat!

Hello there!

I just recently discovered Project 1999, I actually used to play Everquest back in Vanilla and then on and off for years and years! I'm SO excited, and even though I don't have it installed and working yet I cant help but think what class I should be, since I think you can only have one character per server??

The first character I ever made was a Paladin. I guess they would be a tank, not to sure if they would be able to solo...so many to choose from its impossible to pick!

Also I wonder if anyone out there would want to start a new character together, or possibly point me in the direction for a guild or group of people that play regularly?

Any suggestions for classes would be welcome as well, I need to narrow down my choices!! LOL
Old 11-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Large Rat

Default Guild

I'm not sure about guilds, been trying out different classes last few days to see what fits best. When you start playing post here what ya got and maybe we can group. I've found that high levels on this server will help sometimes and even offer items and cash once which was extremely cool.
Closed Thread