Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default WTB: new solo artist challenge thread!

Anyone aware of someone on the server having killed Lithiniath or BB puppet solo, or maybe even Ixiblat?
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Those threads are great until the Daldeans of the server start claiming to fame because they used puppet string charges and other clickables for an extra edge.

If things are possible without added help like that I take my hat off to those who achieve greatness.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those threads are great until the Daldeans of the server start claiming to fame because they used puppet string charges and other clickables for an extra edge.

If things are possible without added help like that I take my hat off to those who achieve greatness.
And what of the solo attempts that can't be done other than with puppet strings? I'm working on a Ixiblat Fer solo attempt which I'm pretty sure only a string shaman with reaper and a full soulfire can accomplish. I've also solod a guardian wurm, something only a string shaman (or possibly an enchanter getting really lucky with slow lands?) can do.
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 07-29-2017, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

You should only be allowed to use clickies that you can loot solo.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should only be allowed to use clickies that you can loot solo.
I'd go further and say no clickies, period. Keeps it fair and honest.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Also wtb this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first SAC had such few competitors if you removed clickies it would have been a lot less successful. I don't understand why people care what clickies other people use. It was clearly marked if someone had used clickies.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's fair and honest if the rules are stated beforehand. Not because you don't agree with them. Not to mention you won't be participating in any of the challenges anyways.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Good lord. Why the clickies thing is such a debate in the context of a user-created challenge, I don't understand.

EVERYONE WITH A BRAIN can tell that a solo kill with no clickies is more impressive than a solo kill with clickies, especially if the clickies are strings or reapers or soulfires or a dozen wort pots or whatever. But that doesn't mean that it isn't still fun for both the solo artist and for the forum readers (who have a brain) to see something nasty killed by one person, even if they use some clickies to do it.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good lord. Why the clickies thing is such a debate in the context of a user-created challenge, I don't understand.

EVERYONE WITH A BRAIN can tell that a solo kill with no clickies is more impressive than a solo kill with clickies, especially if the clickies are strings or reapers or soulfires or a dozen wort pots or whatever. But that doesn't mean that it isn't still fun for both the solo artist and for the forum readers (who have a brain) to see something nasty killed by one person, even if they use some clickies to do it.
Still impressive if people are downing mobs like Ixiblat solo. It wouldn't even be possible without clickies. It's also a big investment for attempts and kills.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Should require 56k or throttle your modem speed to even the playing field as well.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread