Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 10-14-2017, 01:57 PM
Aviak

Default Tradeskill: Fish Oil Recipe Broken

I've tried to make fish oil from several brew barrels and I get the, "you cannot combine these items in this container type." This is broken and needs to be fixed.

Project 1999 Wiki evidence:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fish_Oil

Thank you for your support! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Template[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]isclaimer

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Aviak

Ok, I see the disclaimer, but lets take it one step further.

Fish oil is a sub combine of, and the only way to fashion, Large Leather Belt.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21317

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=080110060000

and also
Large Leather Boots
Large Leather Cloak, ect.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Aviak

I guess if we need need to qualify tailoring a Large Leather belt, it is listed here under Tailoring Basic Leathers. There also a category for tailoring Velious Leathers and tailoring Luclin leathers. The large leather belt is under tailoring basic leathers and is trivial at 36.

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=080110000000
Old 10-15-2017, 06:15 PM
Aviak

Im sorry I forgot the conclusion,

If Fish oil is included in the only recipe that can make a Large Leather belt and tailoring a Large Leather belt is listed in EQ Traders under Tailoring Basic Leathers, is trivial at 36 and is not included in Tailoring Velious Leathers or Tailoring Luclin Leathers, then Fish Oil, which is included in the only recipe to fashion a Large Leather Belt, must have been included in the original EQ. And the recipe to create fish oil is - 1 fish eggs and 1 flask of water which are combined in a brewing barrel.

When I tried several times from different brewing barrels to combine 1-fish eggs and 1-flask of water I always get, "you cannot combine these items in this container. That is why Fish oil and its recipe must be included in p1999.

Unless I'm wrong.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Mr. David Johnson,

It will help your case if you post links from the wayback machine (archive.org) of the appropriate website. Posting the current days page does little for your case.

Here is a link from EQTraders for the fish oil (NOTE to dev's: recipe does not show in list until 8/1/2001, the previous 6/11/2001 date does not have the recipe listed):
https://web.archive.org/web/20010801...es_brewing.htm

Quote:
fish oil: fish egg, water (trivial 68)
(not drinkable, no bottle needed on combine (just direct in barrel). Yield = 1)

The fish oil comes with a note that says:
Quote:
Other than the drake egg oil (for velium leathers), we do not know the use for these oils yet. Discussion and experimentation will continue on the message boards
I searched for the Leather recipes but could NOT find anything in era. It is quite possible they were added at the time as the Fish Oil since the use for Fish Oil was not discovered. It is also possible the recipe's on Leather were not added until much, much later to fill some tradeskill gaps (which seems to be the case without evidence to support it otherwise).

I suggest asking Sorn of P99 about the Leather recipe's as he's the local tradeskill guru and probably knows where to search best.

In conclusion:
-Fish Oil should be added as a Brewing recipe with at least a 8/1/2001 timeline date (or 3/14/2001 per the below, your call).
-Leather tailoring recipes that use Fish Oil should NOT be added in unless evidence is discovered to the contrary.

EDIT:
Cross referenced patch notes, best I could find was a potential date of 3/14/2001:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010314.html
Quote:
- There are a ton of new recipies for trade skill users out there.
Check your books.
The reference of 'check your books' makes it seem even more unlikely that Leather recipe was implemented as Tradeskill enthusiasts would have easily been able to find the recipe that way in my opinion.
Last edited by Rygar; 10-16-2017 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Patch notes added
Old 10-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Aviak

Well, It isn't exactly my case. I was trying to get it right. I have presented strong evidence. I will not pursue the matter further.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, It isn't exactly my case. I was trying to get it right. I have presented strong evidence. I will not pursue the matter further.
Well you made the request for change, which is why i called it your case is all.

And i want to help you understand what "strong evidence" is around here. You posted a link to the current days eqtraders website, but how do you know that recipe wasn't added until 2007? The wayback machine has archived material from the time velious was new, if you can find it during velious era dates on wayback machine then that is very strong evidence.

I did not find anything even as far out as 2003 on eqtraders regarding the leathers. Just because it is a low trivial doesn't mean it occurred during our server timeline.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not find anything even as far out as 2003 on eqtraders regarding the leathers. Just because it is a low trivial doesn't mean it occurred during our server timeline.
It's also okay to use dated comments from alla or super old forums and forum archives! Here you go: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...07670979967911

That one's dated 2004, which means we can probably try to find something around that time period...like here: http://www.eqtraders.com:80/recipes/...r=080110060000

That's from August 2004. Hitting the magical time machine button takes you to December 2003, where there are no recipes for leather that use fish oil.

Tradeskill implementation in EQ early on was uneven at best and a nightmare at worst. They started revamping tradeskills starting in Luclin and have done everything from adding thousands of recipes to changing the trivials on classic recipes en masse. That's why EQTC and archive.org are lifesavers when trying to figure out what was added when. The only thing I'd really wish for is for yuku to let the internet wayback machine index the ezboards, because EQTC's old board is lost to the sands of time right now. The one time I was able to get into it, it was a total treasure trove. Even the titles of posts helped!

Random note, Niami Denmother (creator and maintainer of EQTC) has been having some health issues for the past few years. Hugs to her from all the tradeskillers of p99 and classic EQ!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, good clarification Sorn! A current link with an in-era comment is legit, should have stated that if it is not clear when an item / page was added or updated, wayback is the way to go.

Thanks for the confirming follow up, tradeskill master. And thoughts with Niami Denmother!