Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Default [Discussion] Server Guild Environmet

So recently I started a static group that decided to switch servers and make our home here on P99 Red. Now after a couple days on the server and after looking through the forums a bit I'm wondering what the actual status of the server is guild wise. I noticed that these guilds seem to be the most active, at least in terms of guild recruitment threads:

Holocaust
Fresh
The Curse
Azreal
Friends

Now according to their recruitment threads, they all seem to be doing a lot but I'm wondering if it's actually the case. So some example questions are:

1.)Is there only 2 guilds currently raiding?
2.)Is there a guild that is considered a zerg guild, a pvp only guild, pvp & pve guild?
3.)Are raiding targets constantly being killed by 1 guild only and not others and why?
4.)Is there a guild that is constantly griefing/trolling lowbies/certain zones?
5.)Some guilds are heralded as "changing the server", is that the case and why does the server need to be changed?

I'd just like to know what the server as a whole is seeing in terms of what the top guilds are doing on a regular basis. I am not looking to join a guild or find a guild for my static, I am merely trying to ascertain the current guild environment on the server while having only a couple days played on the server. As well as try and understand any feuds or issues certain guilds have with others to make sure I keep myself and my static protected.

*Note* - This is not a thread for trolling any guild or start guild fights. As well as all replies are obviously subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt. So please keep the posts civil.

*Note* - apparently I need to relearn how to spell environment..
Last edited by Grizzler; 04-13-2015 at 11:57 AM..
Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Just read their threads see how they talk, react etc. Shits all just ForumQuesting which is 100% different than in-game.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just read their threads see how they talk, react etc. Shits all just ForumQuesting which is 100% different than in-game.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1.)Is there only 2 guilds currently raiding?
2.)Is there a guild that is considered a zerg guild, a pvp only guild, pvp & pve guild?
3.)Are raiding targets constantly being killed by 1 guild only and not others and why?
4.)Is there a guild that is constantly griefing/trolling lowbies/certain zones?
5.)Some guilds are heralded as "changing the server", is that the case and why does the server need to be changed?
1) All of the guilds listed are currently downing raid targets. Some guilds stick to specific targets (i.e. Fresh favors Faydedar it seems, The Curse favors Naggy/Vox, etc.)
2) Holocaust is widely considered the Zerg guild, as they are without a doubt the largest guild on the server.
3) Typically, guilds will protect the raid timer of the spawns they kill in order to ensure their advantage during the next encounter.
4) Everyone kills everybody else. Don't take it personally, and you'll have a much better time on the server.
5) The biggest thing that is changing the server is the fact that there are 5 guilds contesting raid targets now, rather than just 2. For the longest time, there were only two viable options if you were interested in seeing end game content. Having multiple communities which stress different social environments is definitely helping create a more attractive image for the server, and thus a more diverse playerbase.

All in all, we're happy you're here. This place was a ghost-town less than a year ago, and it's nice to see that more and more people are choosing to play on R99.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) All of the guilds listed are currently downing raid targets. Some guilds stick to specific targets (i.e. Fresh favors Faydedar it seems, The Curse favors Naggy/Vox, etc.)
2) Holocaust is widely considered the Zerg guild, as they are without a doubt the largest guild on the server.
3) Typically, guilds will protect the raid timer of the spawns they kill in order to ensure their advantage during the next encounter.
4) Everyone kills everybody else. Don't take it personally, and you'll have a much better time on the server.
5) The biggest thing that is changing the server is the fact that there are 5 guilds contesting raid targets now, rather than just 2. For the longest time, there were only two viable options if you were interested in seeing end game content. Having multiple communities which stress different social environments is definitely helping create a more attractive image for the server, and thus a more diverse playerbase.

All in all, we're happy you're here. This place was a ghost-town less than a year ago, and it's nice to see that more and more people are choosing to play on R99.
Great post, gave me some insight at least from one perspective. Thank you.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Banned

1.)There's 3 guilds raiding. Fresh Azrael and Holocaust.

2.)Holocaust is the zerg, there's no PVP only guilds, Azrael does both PVE and PVP.

3.)Holocaust is currently the only guild that really manages to get big targets, and this is due to their overwhelming numbers. (raiding with 80 players). Why did Holocaust manage to get that big? Because the staff failed miserably at emulating weekly patch day respawns. Because of this all of the content spawns at the same time for months on end, and zerg type guilds can present themselves with an overwhelming force and cancel PVP opportunities. (Simulated respawns were implemented in an effort to emulate this feature, but most of the times months pass by without triggering and guilds have no opportunity to generate meaningful momentum because of it). In addition to that, Kunark has very few bosses and zones worth Raiding, making it additionally easy to monopolize the content through zerg methods.

Holocaust is not unique in the zerg business, the guild Nihilum before them was similar. Except they had some level of standards, so their size wasn't as insane and occasional PVP occured with them.

4.) Some members of friends enjoy participating in lower level PVP, since the higher end PVP is pretty dry(refer to answer #3) . Some categorize this as griefing.

5.) Many guilds like Fresh have come about in the past, with the intention of being different. However, once more refer to answer #3. These guilds never have much of an opportunity to generate momentum past your planar trash clear. Most of the times guilds like this one get absorbed, or are bullied into an alliance that ends up making them weaker in the end, or ceases their existence.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Holocaust kills 95% of the raid targets and are the largest end game guild on the server having been seen with over 80 people at raids.

The rest of the guilds try to snipe what they can here and there and none of them raid with more than 20-30 people.

there are no cease fire's between guilds that i am aware of at the moment.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.)There's 3 guilds raiding. Fresh Azrael and Holocaust.

2.)Holocaust is the zerg, there's no PVP only guilds, Azrael does both PVE and PVP.

3.)Holocaust is currently the only guild that really manages to get big targets, and this is due to their overwhelming numbers. (raiding with 80 players). Why did Holocaust manage to get that big? Because the staff failed miserably at emulating weekly patch day respawns. Because of this all of the content spawns at the same time for months on end, and zerg type guilds can present themselves with an overwhelming force and cancel PVP opportunities. (Simulated respawns were implemented in an effort to emulate this feature, but most of the times months pass by without triggering and guilds have no opportunity to generate meaningful momentum because of it). In addition to that, Kunark has very few bosses and zones worth Raiding, making it additionally easy to monopolize the content through zerg methods.

Holocaust is not unique in the zerg business, the guild Nihilum before them was similar. Except they had some level of standards, so their size wasn't as insane and occasional PVP occured with them.

4.) Some members of friends enjoy participating in lower level PVP, since the higher end PVP is pretty dry(refer to answer #3) . Some categorize this as griefing.

5.) Many guilds like Fresh have come about in the past, with the intention of being different. However, once more refer to answer #3. These guilds never have much of an opportunity to generate momentum past your planar trash clear. Most of the times guilds like this one get absorbed, or are bullied into an alliance that ends up making them weaker in the end, or ceases their existence.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 04-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpuntine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Relax Pyro ... Force, RD, Nihilum are a thing of the past. you gave it your best shot.
(to the OP... these are the failed guilds the members of Holocaut tried to get started before the GMS disbanded Nihilum)

Azrael is the only that has continued to play regardless of who is zerging.
Last edited by lite; 04-13-2015 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Lite and Azrael are also in large part responsible for the failure of all of those guilds. You have the anti Midas touch Lite. Give yourself some credit where it is due. Everything you touch turns to shit.