Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 06:44 PM
Banned

Everyone who is min maxing to do stuff solo in EQ pretty please go outside. Take a few last rays of the sun before its too late.

You're going to die. Liek tomorrow. Before you can min max enough to play this game.

Also try rolling a paladin in wow. I hear they can solo current expac raid content.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your paladin isn’t bis.

Show me a bis monk capable of soloing more NamedS than a bis pally. No way that’s happening with mend vs what pallies can self heal for. Especially now in the state of p99 with soulfire. .
Sorry I meant to follow up. The mob I was thinking of when I made the comment was grandmaster in hate specifically. I'll give opmeter 100k if he posts a video of him killing it solo. My paladin isn't bis but he is 6k/3k with 1550 ac and all the top end weapons and clickies (no primal) so I've got a decent idea of what a paladin can kill, better then the rest of you apparently.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearmind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With only self buffs I can solo to crypt/emp and kill the PH and then kill emp if he spawns before he buffs/summons a pet. Harder for sure with clicky nerf. Monk is 4k hp 1500 ac 255 mr self buffed. King I would have to get super lucky on quick bio orb pull and stringed pet not breaking with a early slowstone. Very doubtful that would all work out lol..
I don't think I could solo chottal, I think the rest of the named down their would be doable though
Old 05-19-2020, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

I hate Seb so I'm rarely there. Is Chottal easier or harder than Myconid King? I'm more familiar with Cliff Golem so how does he fall in with those?
Old 05-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I meant to follow up. The mob I was thinking of when I made the comment was grandmaster in hate specifically. I'll give opmeter 100k if he posts a video of him killing it solo. My paladin isn't bis but he is 6k/3k with 1550 ac and all the top end weapons and clickies (no primal) so I've got a decent idea of what a paladin can kill, better then the rest of you apparently.
Which grandmaster are you referring to?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_H%60Qilm
or
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_R%60Tal
Also, did you see a monk solo one of these without wort pots, Soulfire, or strings? That would be very impressive.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-19-2020, 10:20 PM
Orc

My vote is Paladin for sure, as stated paladins are like a walking healing tank. It’s very hard to die, even you do die you can just Rez yourself and gg.

The people who are saying well pacify gets resisted.... true, but rarely, and even if it does a quick root/camp will get you going faster than FD, and root will even split the mobs for you lol.

Play a paladin, you will love it. The utility they have is game breaking.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:17 AM
Sarnak

Can you land poison spells on a cliff golem? I've heard of Torp Shaman soloing them, but I have no idea how its done. Just slow, torp, and melee damage for a really long time?
Old 05-20-2020, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

I solo Cliff Golem a lot on my Shaman (Cisco). He is far from a bis shaman.

Basically I pull with Malo, as its Inc I slow, cripple and malosini.

Then I tank him (Not swinging myself) with pet hitting from behind. I epic DoT and BoK him continually. Besides that I’m constantly canni and torping. Fight is actually very easy but takes over 10mins. Typically requires me to slow 2-3 times. I cast epic roughly around 8-9 times and BoK around 6-7.

I do not PoX because Malo/Malosini do not lower disease resists and thus that spell would get resisted at a higher rate than BoK.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 05-20-2020 at 12:38 AM..
Old 05-20-2020, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

So I was about to say something about this thread going off topic with shaman cliff golem stuff. However, it got me thinking a cliff golem solo might let me get a gauge for other stuff.

So the most important note here is that I had a VoG so not really a full on legit attempt (Normally I would only have my Eye Patch of Plunder spell haste and my worn haste). Other than the VoG, just self buffs.

I took a druid over with me for a quick escape. The druid casted no heals debuffs or buffs and was only there for a port out to avoid faction hit or incase it just looked terrible from the get go.

The fight went pretty well. I got the golem down to 20% when I asked the druid to port. I had about 40% life and 20% mana. I used Lay Hands during the fight but no consumables or Soulfire charges. I think I was going to have a close win without those things and definitely would with them.

Additional considerations:
  • I didn't proc Avatar pre-fight but I procced it pretty early on. I was just trying to do a quick test and not chew up the time of the dial a porter helping me.
  • During the fight the golem landed 175 hits. I'm looking forward to the day I win the angry roll. That would have been an additional 4375 damage to the golem with that additional DS.
  • I didn't attempt to use any slow consumables. Not sure they would have landed and I don't feel like swinging with a Tash stick is a good use of time. I'd like to get a Willsapper but currently am rolling guildless due to rl busyness so that makes it a bit tough.

Last thing, the topic of enrage comes up sometimes. As a Paly I can just cast DA so I'm not just getting beat up without doing any damage. Infact I often get to enjoy a few ticks of HoT while being invul.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-20-2020, 05:05 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was about to say something about this thread going off topic with shaman cliff golem stuff. However, it got me thinking a cliff golem solo might let me get a gauge for other stuff.

So the most important note here is that I had a VoG so not really a full on legit attempt (Normally I would only have my Eye Patch of Plunder spell haste and my worn haste). Other than the VoG, just self buffs.

I took a druid over with me for a quick escape. The druid casted no heals debuffs or buffs and was only there for a port out to avoid faction hit or incase it just looked terrible from the get go.

The fight went pretty well. I got the golem down to 20% when I asked the druid to port. I had about 40% life and 20% mana. I used Lay Hands during the fight but no consumables or Soulfire charges. I think I was going to have a close win without those things and definitely would with them.

Additional considerations:
  • I didn't proc Avatar pre-fight but I procced it pretty early on. I was just trying to do a quick test and not chew up the time of the dial a porter helping me.
  • During the fight the golem landed 175 hits. I'm looking forward to the day I win the angry roll. That would have been an additional 4375 damage to the golem with that additional DS.
  • I didn't attempt to use any slow consumables. Not sure they would have landed and I don't feel like swinging with a Tash stick is a good use of time. I'd like to get a Willsapper but currently am rolling guildless due to rl busyness so that makes it a bit tough.

Last thing, the topic of enrage comes up sometimes. As a Paly I can just cast DA so I'm not just getting beat up without doing any damage. Infact I often get to enjoy a few ticks of HoT while being invul.
<3 Paladins
Closed Thread