Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default "Gnasher's Head" and "Blackburrow Stout Shipment"

The first time I attempted this quest was at a very low level and I did not have logs turned on at that time, so I can't provide dialogues for Larsk Juton. I finally caught Gnasher again however and was able to verify a bugged step in the quest. It functions, just not as intended.

Step 1: "Gnoll Head [Gnasher's Head]" and "A tattered note". You may turn both of these in to Larsk Juton in Surefall Glade. He accepts both and gives a dialogue for both. He grants a reward for the head, and returns the note, telling you that Captain Tillin would be interested in reading the note.
* He returns a different, but identical version of the note. This is supposed to happen.

Step 2: Hand note to Captain Tillin.
* Captain Tillin currently returns this version of the note and says nothing, as he would if you gave him a fishing grub or other unintended item.

Today I took the note directly to Captain Tillin without first getting it exchanged for the proper version in Surefall. Captain Tillin accepted it and the quest ran properly.

So the bug is that Captain Tillin is scripted to accept the wrong version of the note. He should accept the exchanged version from Surefall Glade.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

I caught Gnasher up again today so I ran through the quest again. Tillin isn't accepting the note exchanged by Jarsk, if I see him again I'll check to see if Tillin still accepts the original version of the note as he did before.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Just checked. Tillin doesn't accept either version of the note.

A search shows over 20 "a tattered note" and "tattered note" in the game.

I have the original note in my inventory and will hang onto it, so if you need, I can link you both versions of the note.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Project Manager

ok, i just went through this quest on test server.

-spawned and killed gnasher. drops note 18811
-larsk accepts 18811 and gives you 18815 in exchange
-captain tillin accepts 18815 in exchange for medal of merit and spawns the executioner.

perhaps this didn't get updated to live properly, but it certainly is functioning on test.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Tested again. Worked correctly!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

And I tested it again.... and Tillin didn't take the note. Something is amiss.

Either Larsk isn't always exchanging for the correct note, or something else is going wrong. I'm keeping the note in my inventory so you can take a look at it if you need to.

Edit: Caught Gnasher again. Couldn't loot his note, lore item error, so the note that I have in my inventory is identical to the note that I looted.

Edit Edit: Figured it out. Larsk is returning the note if you hand both items to him at the same time, without exchanging it. He will properly exchange it when handed to him individually. In the past he would complete both quests simultaneously. However, I've also observed that quest NPCs in Sol Ro are returning items that they would normally accept if you hand the items to them in the wrong combination. (I.E. Genni won't eat a Lambent stone if you mistakenly hand her the sapphires instead of Gardern, even though a Lambent stone is a valid item to Genni.)

Since multiquesting doesn't work here, NPCs previously had a propensity to eat items and forget about them if not handed in simultaneously.

So it looks like code was added to prevent NPCs from eating items, but it prevents NPCs from accepting items from two separate quests at the same time, even if tecnhnically part of the "same" quest. Not a big deal or even a bad thing, just documenting the details.
Last edited by mmiles8; 07-18-2010 at 07:16 PM..
Closed Thread