Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Sarnak

Default Pets

Necro pet for these scenarios.

Scenario:

Mob agro's me but pet starts hitting the mob(I have done 0 damage to mob), mob gets a few hits on me before pet taunts.

Bug:

If I body pull and pet does the intial damage, pet should have the agro. But in this case it takes a few seconds or when pet does its taunt. Meanwhile I am taking damage I shouldn't be taking.

------

Scenario:

I am getting attacked by a GREEN CON mob. My pet is not assisting me as I am getting hit. I have to click /pet attack for it to attack the mob. I have only noticed this on green con mobs.

One last thing. If pet kills a mob without me even touching the mob, shouldn't I get a faction hit if that mob gives out faction?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Large Rat

With regards to that first item, i've seen that heaps. Its like the initial aggro on a proximity pull is overly significant.
Although i just thought pet taunt was broken since i can sometimes cop heaps of damage from a mob from a 12 point lifetap pull until my pet can pull it off me. Its easier when i duo with my mates who play druids or wizards etc because i make them root on pull but when i'm solo it just increases the downtime a bit. No biggie.

I've only seen the pet not assisting once, thought it might have been lag.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Exclamation

Question - Bug or intended?

If said mob casts a dot on me and my pet dies. I summon another pet and as soon as he is summoned he attacks the mob that dotted me.

Also if that mob is dead, my pet will try and attack the corpse until the DoT is completely off of me.

Im sure it is a bug as I can't remember this happening before.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is because a mob will prefer it's current target with a handicap amount of aggro over anything else, otherwise two people neck and neck with on an aggro list, hitting the mob with the same weapons, at the same speed, slightly passing eachother on aggro every round, would be making the mob doing 180's every half a second.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFuj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question - Bug or intended?

If said mob casts a dot on me and my pet dies. I summon another pet and as soon as he is summoned he attacks the mob that dotted me.

Also if that mob is dead, my pet will try and attack the corpse until the DoT is completely off of me.

Im sure it is a bug as I can't remember this happening before.
k, I fixed mobs trying to molest the corpses of mobs who have dotted you. As for the fact they aggro from a dot at all, that will take some more work due to the action happening in the same common function that handles all damage application.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, that wasn't bad. Ok. Pets won't rage into battle on dots now.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

wow that was quick. Although I will miss Xabaner trying to hump the corpse!

Thanks Rogean!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I may have just killed the closest we ever got to mobs teabagging corpses. /Tear
Old 05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Project Manager

Moving to resolved.
Closed Thread