Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Orc

Default how to raise faction after killing treants

hello friends,

i'm a pathetic lowly level 28 gnome mage (in-game). i want to kill treants because i have been promised that if they are ever not camped, i will be rewarded with excellent experience and fantastic loots.

however, right now i am regarded dubiously by my druid friends. i value our relationship and would like to remain in their good graces despite killing their sacred tree gods. does anyone know:

1- about how many treants would i have to kill to go from the awesome rank of dubious to kill on sight at druid rings? 100 trees, 1000 trees, 1?....

2- how much of an inconvenience is this if druids hate me? tbh lots of people hate me irl and it's not too bad. but i'd like to be able to get drunk in kelethin and only worry about falling off the bridges/lifts, not about being killed by some idiot guildmaster

ty for your advice

<3 aanandar <3
pathetic lvl 28 gnome mage
Old 12-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Kobold

Dubious to KOS would be about 8-9 treants if they are neg 30 faction per kill.
You will be KOS by Guards of Qeynos and in Surefall Glade.
Not a huge deal if you invis before being druid ported.
You'll be fine in Kelethin (different druid guilds)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction
Old 12-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Killing Treants lowers four factions:

Guards of Qeynos (-30)
Jaggedpine Treefolk (-30)
Protectors of Pine (-30)
QRG Protected Animals (-30)

Druids like this guy (Ceel Moonwhisper) (at the West Commons ring) share two of those factions, Jaggedpine Treefolk (Druids) and Protectors of Pine (Rangers) ... but logically (being Druids) they are probably on Jaggedpine Treefolk faction.

That one is fixable: just kill a boatload of gnolls in Blackburrow, and the druids should love you again. But fixing the Ranger faction will be a lot harder (it can only be fixed by repeating quests ... and even doing those quests might require Faction Tricks, since the Rangers will try and kill you when you do the turn-in. I'm not sure how many rangers around the world are on this faction.

QRG Protected Animals has a similar issue, but I'm not sure what mobs are actually on that faction (don't know of any off the top of my head). Guards of Qeynos (like Jaggedpine Treefolk) is a faction you can fix by murdering gnolls en masse.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Once you kill in blackburrow enough to be dubious to druids, then you can turn in a shit tons of these: http://wiki.project1999.com/Black_Wood_Chip
No-drop but not lore. There is some trickery involved to come out clean, but there's a start for you.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Banned

some unkept druids you could try killing aswell
Old 12-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine if everquest 2 was just everquest 1 but the old / kunark / velious worlds were all balanced again item wise and they just built out a ton of lore and awesome quests?

We can dream.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Can also kill unkempt Druids to raise the faction back. Or just invis before you port into a Druid ring that has a bunch of Druids running around.

Note that the Druid ring vendors are not on this faction so don’t worry about them. Therefore it’s only really a couple Druid rings where you need to be careful, and I think in WC the port in spot is actually outside of aggro range of the Druids there.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:48 AM
Kobold

Another way to go is to embrace your hatred of nature. Kill the trees, burn them down, reap the untold horde of gold and silver these trees have collected. Next you can invis into Surefall Glades and kill bears in the caves. It's a right of passage. Now you're free to gain level after level killing druids at the druid rings and when you're ready... Greater Faydark awaits. Expand your hatred to the Faydark Champions. Take that long trek up and down confusing platforms until you reach the ranger guild. Kick that door open and send in your pet against Tunare's champion...Grynn. Don't be fooled. He may look adorable with his tiny doggy body and purple and red ever flapping wings fanning out to the edges in majestic yellow and black. So wonderful that no man or elf can walk by without pausing and taking in his splender. But you're a hardened gnome by now. Send in that pet. Ignore that sudden rain shower that has to be Tunare's tears for her soon to be fallen butterfly and get ready to send in that second pet when Goner goes down to a flurry of arrows. For your mission is clear. Death to all flora and fauna. And when all the broken wings and leaves have settled in both Faydarks, it will be a short walk to Ak'anon, where you can find the Mines of Malfunction and turn your malachite in for bone chips and enjoy your new life as a necromancer.

Praise Amun!
Old 12-15-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah being evil sounds gross but thats always an option. Lurking in dark dungeons with water oozing out of the walls suits some.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:27 PM
Aviak

meh, after all the times I forgot to invis and my newbie necro got killed in NK and EC I have no problem destroying druids
Closed Thread