Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
New Team Pvp Server 44 36.67%
New Bluebie server 37 30.83%
Whatever just give me a clean slate economy! 12 10.00%
Dont care 27 22.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Default How many will Team Pvp?

I played EQ on live Pre-luclin and really enjoyed it. Likewise i've enjoyed my time on p99 thus far. The updated UI and the ready availability of pre-planar gear is something I never experienced back on live

That being said the extremely high inflation on high end items has presented me with a kind of plateau I can't pass without dedicating a ton of time to raiding. Unfortunately Kunark being out 3 years now means that Velious content will be monopolized and the high prices will most likely continue indefinately as retired characters return for new content and their plat hoards reenter the economy.

I'm excited about the prospects of a fresh economy on a fresh server and Team pvp seems to be the only planned new server in the near future.

So, how many of you plan on joining the Team Pvp Server when it becomes available? And/or how many would prefer a fresh blue server?
Last edited by Molinior; 02-27-2014 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely going to give it a shot when the time comes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

teams is never coming, no idea where you got this assumption
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIr9MNmCwU
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Aviak

I definitely read that they are considering it but that it will be second priority to Velious. Look around the forums a bit more Naw.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said the extremely high inflation on high end items has presented me with a kind of plateau I can't pass without dedicating a ton of time to raiding. Unfortunately Kunark being out 3 years now means that Velious content will be monopolized and the high prices will most likely continue indefinately as retired characters return for new content and their plat hoards reenter the economy.
Hopefully without derailing things (Swish! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])... how do you figure that starting fresh on a new server will change things for you?

You attribute your "plateau" on current blue to inflation, but it is easier than ever to get a group together to go get a drop directly on blue right now because so many people already have all their stuff making them more powerful + making camps more likely to be open at any given time.

You say your limited playtime means you can never catch up, but you seem to think that limited playtime won't put you at an immediate (and quickly growing) disadvantage on a new server?

You say that Velious will be on lockdown but neglect to consider that everything on a new server will be on lockdown too.

I voted for teams in hopes that red players would be satiated so they can stop trolling every blue thread with laments about their xp bonus going away, recruitment attempts, etc.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Aviak

I take your point. I guess I'm looking for a server I have a real chance at parity on. Where Pvp can clear up alot of the camp monopolization that happens. It's not that I don't play a bunch but that I don't play for 4 or 5 hours continuously.

As to velious content I think it's pretty obvious that the top tier of players with 3 or 4 high level alts are going to be the dominant force in Velious. That dynamic would disappear on a new server with no history of RMT or high end loot hoarding/selling.

I've never been a top teir player or planar raider but I'm not the only one that doubts Velious will be the panacea that many hope it will be.
Last edited by Molinior; 03-01-2014 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Low level people to group with
Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Kobold

I would reroll on any new server created by the p1999 staff just for the fresh economy, and to be on a more level playing field. multiple years sitting on kunark has made for an interesting economy to say the least.. the pricing on certain things is awesome (like some of the better tradeable weapons are really affordable due to how many there are..), but any of the decent high end items are ridiculously expensive. it is offputting but not a total deterrent.

I'd love a pvp teams server, I played tallon zek on live (4 teams, human races, dark races, short races, elves). it made for some interesting dynamics.. the server ultimately became two teams - light races vs dark races. some people were all about 'cross teaming', some people were strict about staying true to their single team. I'd hop on that in a heart beat, all though I'm sure it won't be coming. something needs to be done about red 99 though either way, it's hurting.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

They need to release a new blue server with a classic progression timeline.
Closed Thread