Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Orc

TRIGGER WARNING: UNPOPULAR OPINIONS:

I'm in AG. I've been there(ToV,ST) to race a couple times, it is very fun to race and get an FTE for your guild. It's better that our FTE matters more now that we can have an hour to pull it in some zones. It's even fun on the non hour pulls, where we have to perfectly execute a pull or it gets snatched from us. This happened in ST a couple times, to our pull team. Did it suck losing? Yeah, but it is just a game, and it will making getting the next contested mob that we win more satisfying. We do contest, we just don't contest all the time. Also I've never had any issues working with Detoxx in tells.

On the flip side, on FTE's I've gotten, I've been IMMEDIATELY inundated with lawyerquest, from people I would never have expected. Even people I considered friends, people I helped at low level, and people who didn't even send me a tell, instead just broadcast in OOC as a sort of public pressure/shaming tactic. It really is off-putting to get burnt by playing by YOUR rules, then be nitpicked about it. It's not so much about civility, than it is about humility.

pls ppl, pls
Old 01-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by manguard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On the flip side, on FTE's I've gotten, I've been IMMEDIATELY inundated with lawyerquest, from people I would never have expected. Even people I considered friends, people I helped at low level, and people who didn't even send me a tell, instead just broadcast in OOC as a sort of public pressure/shaming tactic. It really is off-putting to get burnt by playing by YOUR rules, then be nitpicked about it. It's not so much about civility, than it is about humility.

pls ppl, pls
#triggered.

Why is A/A shamed for playing by server rules again?
Old 01-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the Crown was unfair bc was an item not everyone had thusly making those who had one superior runners without even pressing a button.

The issue you have is something that cant really be policed and half the time is hearsay about what this even does as a benefit for these races.
Eratani what is your skype, I'll send you a picture I just took of my Skype convo with sirken and braknar saying this is illegal. I cannot use imgur or I'd put it here.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eratani what is your skype, I'll send you a picture I just took of my Skype convo with sirken and braknar saying this is illegal. I cannot use imgur or I'd put it here.
ill poke u - ty
Old 01-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfetti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious, what exactly do you feel is stopping them?
Probably something to do with the fact that Vulak calls dragons to him, aka Vyemm is the goalie.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

CSG killed Vyemm twice this week.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Aviak

And while they're fighting Vyemm, you going to wait and let them tag Vulak after?
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Skype talks... i heard there is a raid discussion forum where rules are posted... also... how can you tell if the person is alt+tab jumping? cuz one time i was in mid of aary jump and a pop up from skype show and my fps got reduced hard and the jump was a good leap ahead of people... should i be banned cuz i have a skype online notifications on during fte races?!

Oh btw, we should also not allow people with razor mouse that has macro buttons and keyboards with macro as well. Can we plz? Because those are also very easy to police... rofl.

Oh and no second monitor or screensharing... or vent/skype/ts/mumble cuz not classic.

Give me a break, too much QQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And while they're fighting Vyemm, you going to wait and let them tag Vulak after?
No, would they wait and let us? There is no difference is my point. However, they could consider Vyemm a win, since he does drop some very good loot. Or is Vulak the only prize?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alt+tab jumping is not illegal, Can not be enforced if it was, and several of the top/best runners that get vulak do not alt+tab jump. (Kelzaraz, Mani, Ghoul) all who have several vulak FTE's have never alt+tab jumped in there life, Stop using it as a excuse to be bad at running.

You can do the same thing as Alt+tab jumping just by turning down your FPS in settings as seen in a recent AM statue fte video. How can a setting IN THE GAME be deemed illegal?
Can you explain how alt tab jumping works?
Closed Thread