Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoneybabybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For you intelligent RnF people. Serious question here, is it illegal to auto run+strafe then to alt+tab out of windowed EQ then click back in? By doing this it will lock the strafe+auto run feature allowing you to be able to just steer with the mouse. Is this within spirit of the rules or is this also illegal?
rule lawyering is definitely the way to go
Old 01-19-2017, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by manguard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rule lawyering is definitely the way to go
it's worked so well thus far
Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno I never really cared for inter-guild competition. Instead make challenging PvE Raid content and let me compete against the mechanics of the raid. It's actually possible to do this in a way such that only the guilds who play the best win the raids and the bad guilds continually wipe until they collapse, merge or have a break through.

PoP - Guilds failed at Bertoxulous, Rallos Zek, Fennin Ro, Coirnav, Dust Ring, Warlord Gintolaken, Rathe Council, Tallon Zek (Time), and Rallos Zek (Time) due to the mechanics in these events.
GoD - Holy shit everything to start. Now that it's tuned back... Ikkinz 3/4, Uqua, Inktuta the Cursecallers and Noqufiel, High Priest in Txevu, Zun Muram in Txevu, North Snake Tacvi, Balance Zun Tacvi and Tunat Muram.
OoW - Queen/King in RSS, MPG Adapation and Foresight Trials, Jelvan, Arch Magus and OMM
DoN - Vishimtar
DoDH - Emperor Draygun, Sendaii, Demiplane Sister, Hatchet, Redfang, Performer and Mayong

Etc. etc. These are all raids that took many guilds 5-10-20+ attempts to beat. Finally having everything click and beating the event was the best experience. I recall finally beating Fumerak in sepulchre after probably 20 wipes, beating the First Creation in Convorteum after 20ish wipes. Hell basically every single Underfoot raid was awesome to kill first time through. Brell himself holy shit was that encounter awesome before it was watered down.

But... getting to a mob before another guild did at 3 AM, meh I'll pass doesn't do anything for me.
Big difference here is p99 content is 17 years old and didn't JUST come out. Server firsts on encounters that nobody has completed are exciting. Killing the same dragon by reading the walk through about it online and for the 100th time that's been done for 17 years isn't exciting.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoneybabybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually a serious question of mine since the grey areas are endless.
Yea exploiting what the game isn't meant to do is wrong in the GMs eyes. If you feel innocent you're gonna need a nice rule lawyer and to wait. Sounds sketch. I was always put off of running by the frame rate bug everyone used.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
All it literally does it locks it. So you can just steer with your mouse. But soon jumping will be illegal also. #feelsbadforgnomes
Well you can lock strafe without alt+tab. Sounds like you are doing it he hard way.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Skeleton

The Magic 8 Ball says, 'try again later'
Old 01-19-2017, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DoDH - Emperor Draygun, Sendaii, Demiplane Sister, Hatchet, Redfang, Performer and Mayong
Some of the best raiding IMO. Couldn't warm body those raids. Ahh.. the journey! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7NCR1mjIR8
Old 01-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekkukHS7HA

If you watch closely you can see Daldaen in this raid on our very first kill.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
For you intelligent RnF people. Serious question here, is it illegal to auto run+strafe then to alt+tab out of windowed EQ then click back in? By doing this it will lock the strafe+auto run feature allowing you to be able to just steer with the mouse. Is this within spirit of the rules or is this also illegal?
for the record, i always respected your fte skills

the answer here is to not talk about it, not report it, don't take video, and use it as you see fit. nobody can detect this sort of thing unless it's brought out into the open willingly. it's likely been used for years on this server, but you're one of the few people to talk openly about it and describe its use.

the message sirken is sending by suspending one of the two guilds who used these tactics is that extreme secrecy regarding these grey-area tactics is in the best interest of anyone using them. all it takes is one party to build a case, and the other pays - even if other parties have admitted to using it.

perception is king - one man's cheating is another's emergent gameplay. the sad part to all of this, is that this tactic is classic as fuck and would have been possible in 2001. fall speed & turn rates have always been tied to framerate.

for a server that actively implements era-appropriate bugs and removes QoL features in the name of "being classic," it's kinda disappointing to see the spirit of EQ violated

i apologize in advance for my seriouspost, please remember to use lube
Old 01-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kn34k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad analogy. You have two retards in the special Olympics both trying to get the gold medal. Both were using steroids to try to gain an advantage, but then the judges ruled that one of the drugs the retards were using is unfair and illegal. One of the retards kept taking the drugs and was disqualified from the next set of races. You may have won a ton of previous races but the end of the day you're still an autistic drug addict.
No wonder you're so stupid. You watch the special olympics.
Closed Thread