Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Variance is absolutely necessary, it DOES stop spawn camping. Once again, the only mob that gets socked is VS and even then it's not nearly as bad as it could be. Variance is just too long right now, especially with extended windows. I'm sure the GMs will tone it down. +- 8 hours with 30% chance of 4 hour extensions. Something like that. I didn't put much thought into these numbers, just an example. People need to be unsure of when a mob will spawn, and the spawn time needs to be long enough that people are unwilling to wait for it.
Ya, mild variance leaves some surprise but the extreme variance that is in effect now is causing a bottleneck that nobody can be happy with. And as for poopsocking I mentioned in another thread, if a Guild decides they want a raid mob bad enough they can xp in the area with a few groups and basically "lay claim". Not just two or more rival guilds sitting on a spawn point. Taken last VS kill was admirable, they xp'd for a long time, as window got shorter more peeps came in. BDA swung by to see if they would possibly wiped but didn't interfere at all. Taken downed VS, "Grats" were had and everyone left feeling pretty good I think.

Eloian Bushlover (What...was I hiding in the bush? Sure, lets go with that)
57 Ranger <BDA>
Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to explain this to people but seems to not be getting through...

The way it was before all the variance was fine & this trash should have never been added (this is why ALOT of players left to begin with & TMO even came to be)
How is 200 people sitting on Trakanon spawn with auto attack on fine? Trak spawns, dies in 3 seconds and everyone hope they won the FTE lotto.

Variance might be the best thing that ever happened to the raid scene. They can and should reduce the length of windows, but don't forget how things used to be. And these days with more level 60s, it would be even worse.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

So much bitching. Make a calendar and follow it. Worked on live servers for years. No reason it wouldn't work here.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hope it stays like this for months ... maybe you fuckers will go outside and discover a life and then the toxic trash will be gone off the server
Hey fuk you buddy I'm allergic to the sun!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is 200 people sitting on Trakanon spawn with auto attack on fine? Trak spawns, dies in 3 seconds and everyone hope they won the FTE lotto.

Variance might be the best thing that ever happened to the raid scene. They can and should reduce the length of windows, but don't forget how things used to be. And these days with more level 60s, it would be even worse.
Variance is the ABSOLUTE worst thing to EVER happen to this server. Why do you think the server population dropped more then half when it came into full swing?
Because of variance no one really ever will have a chance aside from the true dire hard players, because of variance there can never ever be any real chance of competition it will just be the one guild sitting variance out like it clearly has been for two years.
I remember back when they thought of the idea hardly anyone even wanted it because for one it was so not classic two we all predicted this would happen & I come back two years later to find out all those predictions to be 100% accurate.
I spoken to some TMO guys and they are all for variance because without it they would need to contend with other actual raid groups lined up ready to go after mobs with variance it's just them because no one else is on to contend with them.
I really don't see how this is so hard to figure out. If variance doesn't go it will be nothing but the same thing you have had for two years.

People play here to relive those years gone by and enjoy a simpler version of EQ - you guys are making it complex and nothing like classic. I mean I love the server and I could care less what happens I can go do simple things like camp stun whips in BB and be happy. I am just chiming in here because you guys got some problems & it's because of variance...
Last edited by Vyal; 01-03-2014 at 06:54 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Vyal, do you know what a 'desync party' is?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey fuk you buddy I'm allergic to the sun!
Dunno if you are serious or not. I am very seriously allergic to the sun. To go outside for just a little while I need medication and 120+ SPF or else things get very gross very fast and takes FOREVER to heal. I love the sun, It just doesn't love me.

Eloian Bushlover (Love in the sun)
57 Ranger <BDA>
Old 01-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I has no idea what it is.. Sounds like some form of cheating/exploit a guild would use to make people LD.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Variance is the ABSOLUTE worst thing to EVER happen to this server. Why do you think the server population dropped more then half when it came into full swing?
Because of variance no one really ever will have a chance aside from the true dire hard players, because of variance there can never ever be any real chance of competition it will just be the one guild sitting variance out like it clearly has been for two years.
I remember back when they thought of the idea hardly anyone even wanted it because for one it was so not classic two we all predicted this would happen & I come back two years later to find out all those predictions to be 100% accurate.
I spoken to some TMO guys and they are all for variance because without it they would need to contend with other actual raid groups lined up ready to go after mobs with variance it's just them because no one else is on to contend with them.
I really don't see how this is so hard to figure out. If variance doesn't go it will be nothing but the same thing you have had for two years.

People play here to relive those years gone by and enjoy a simpler version of EQ - you guys are making it complex and nothing like classic. I mean I love the server and I could care less what happens I can go do simple things like camp stun whips in BB and be happy. I am just chiming in here because you guys got some problems & it's because of variance...
Who in TMO did you talk to?! Variance reduced parrallel spawns and having more than one raid target up at a time HELPS the "situation" by letting guilds go after different targets.

Velious with a non-or 3ish hr variance will fix alot if the issues as there literally are more raid targets in vel alone than there are in kunark and classic.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's what happened at CT whenever he went late window :P But yeah...It's a good thing! If the players get tired of desyncing then perhaps they'll come to an agreement of their own. If not, well, they get the server stability they deserve =D
Closed Thread