Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 07:18 AM
Large Bat

Default Stein of Moggok faction question

I've tried researching this as much as possible, but I seem to be finding conflicting information. Hoping someone that has done the Exotic Drinks quest recently on Green might be able to help me out.

I was able to complete the quest all the way up to handing the Compendium to Clurg, but he just took it without saying anything. He was indifferent to me in DE illusion and using Alliance (but I'm not agnostic). What does Clurg need to con for this quest to work? Hate to spend another day gathering bits just to lose them again, I thought he would hand it back if I didn't have enough faction.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm strange. It could be the religion issue? Maybe that's docking you just enough that it's preventing the turn in from succeeding?

I did it with Agnostic and DE illusion just fine.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:28 PM
Large Bat

Yeah I figured I made a mistake with choosing a deity. 18 now, considering a re-roll with agnostic to avoid future pain.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Indifferent is enough. Done a lot of these runs, even on a halfling who has ruined his clurg faction but can still use harmony and sneak. In that case, you couldn't mechanically achieve greater than indifferent, and it works

What I don't know is if indifferent has a range, and you need to reach "mid indifferent" but I have never heard of any quest in eq functioning like that

Did it accidentally go to the guard next to clurg?
Old 02-25-2020, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Did you accidentally mez or charm instead of alliance?
Old 02-25-2020, 07:50 PM
Large Bat

Appreciate the feedback everyone and confirmation on the faction. I must have been super tired when I tried last night because I logged back in today and found the Compendium in my bags. I thought for sure I checked them several times last night and didn't see it. I must have done something wrong, will try again tonight.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSdaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appreciate the feedback everyone and confirmation on the faction. I must have been super tired when I tried last night because I logged back in today and found the Compendium in my bags. I thought for sure I checked them several times last night and didn't see it. I must have done something wrong, will try again tonight.

Curious how this turns out.. keep us posted.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:17 PM
Banned

If you are not AIMABLE he will eat your compendium
Old 02-26-2020, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are not AIMABLE he will eat your compendium
This is incorrect
Old 02-27-2020, 06:25 AM
Large Bat

UPDATE: I was able to get my stein tonight. Apparently where I went wrong is I conned
apprehensive while in DE illusion using Alliance as a Quellious worshiping Erudite, not indifferent. I leveled to 20, and using Ogre/Benevolence got me to amiable. I would imagine agnostic chanters wouldn't have the same problem.

Posts dating back to the original 99-2001 days shows people talking about "low" and "high" indifferent, but not sure if that's still true since I went straight up to amiable after I got the upgraded spells.
Closed Thread