Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone who proves you wrong is one entity. We are many.
I mean it's easy to make that inference when you both have no idea what actual strong evidence is and asserting one person's anecdote that "charm has no visible affect on charm duration" is proof of anything. I still have charms that break seconds after sticking on p99 even at near maxed cha. That guy may have just said that because even at high cha charms still randomly break. He, like you, could've had a very limited perspective, and so ended up thinking "hey, my charm still breaks sometime right after it lands even though I have high charisma so I guess it doesn't help" not considering that charisma could affect the average of charm durations, not the absolute duration.

Also, still waiting on the videos, which I highly doubt you will ever produce because you can never actually come up with real evidence, all you seem to be good for is crying about garbage and nonsense. Again though, would LOVE for you to prove me wrong.
Last edited by TripSin; 03-24-2021 at 11:56 AM..
Old 03-24-2021, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

31 pages

yikes
Old 03-24-2021, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

I'm thinkin we could do 90

who's in
Old 03-24-2021, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
31 pages

yikes
So far 99 voting "needs nerf" and 89 voting "does not need nerf."

These threads always go long because a lot of Enchanters are scared their OP class will be adjusted like Nec/Bard/Etc regardless of classic evidence they know exists and a lot of P99 players are sick of the Enchanter focused meta especially as it relates to the future servers of P99.

As stated earlier my messaging is lacking and I hope to bring these two groups together with a larger analysis. In essence I still feel Enchanter is mostly fine at level 50+ so Enchanters should relax and realize they'll still be OP in the end same as today. It's just the power curve to get 50+ requires a lot more effort and is much harder in classic era. That means pre-Kunark.

From one perspective I'm actually arguing for an increase in Enchanter power for those who play it to 50+. There should be less Enchanters willing or capable to level to 50+ given the difficulty but for those who do they will be a more rare and in demand class with the same level of power they have today.

That is outside of the channeling nerf which will hurt almost everyone but is necessary to restore classic difficulty and game design. The game is more fun when the difficulty follows the intended game design. People hate nerfs but it's for their own good. Same as Verant nerfing all kinds of shit and people crying non-stop in classic. If people find ways to escape the intended design curves in terms of leveling, DPS, etc it's harmful to the entire server.

Finding these ways to escape is what made classic EQ fun for a lot of people so of course they're pissed that some of these methods might get nerfed. The trick was to find ways to escape the curve and not have it become wide spread and get nerfed. P99 needs to stop letting wide spread abusive mechanics escape nerfs because "it's classic." Allowing these things is also not classic. Item recharges, pet tracking, channeling, charm, and so on would all be nerfed on a real live classic server if it was as wide spread as it is here. It's all about level of impact on subscriber revenue and speed of progress through content.

Green launch, in my opinion, demonstrates a real lack of understanding or agreement from the devs with this concept. My reasoning was the instanced Teal server because of "overcrowding" on green. Green had like 1/5th a real live server population. The difficult leveling due to "overcrowding" was a design feature and is a big part of why ZEMs weren't so impactful on live.

Did HHK on live have a high ZEM? Probably. You know what else it had? 5x as many players and the goblin area was split into 3-4 camps of full groups waiting on spawns. That is probably why the ZEM was higher, due to limited spawns, and lots of players. You mostly sat around talking to your group members, socializing, getting bored and coming up with stupid ideas like leaving HHK to try Runnyeye and then getting your corpses lost deep in the zone. You know, having fun, doing stuff with other players, not just lining up for the high ZEM zone which is intentionally kept low population. Was the Hole selected for high ZEM because the devs thought it would support enough players? That is a BAD idea not a good one. High ZEM should mean overcrowding and a difficult/boring experience not tons of mobs and a free for all for your group.
Last edited by azxten; 03-24-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Old 03-24-2021, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far 99 voting "needs nerf" and 89 voting "does not need nerf."

These threads always go long because a lot of Enchanters are scared their OP class will be adjusted like Nec/Bard/Etc regardless of classic evidence they know exists and a lot of P99 players are sick of the Enchanter focused meta especially as it relates to the future servers of P99.

As stated earlier my messaging is lacking and I hope to bring these two groups together with a larger analysis. In essence I still feel Enchanter is mostly fine at level 50+ so Enchanters should relax and realize they'll still be OP in the end same as today. It's just the power curve to get 50+ requires a lot more effort and is much harder in classic era. That means pre-Kunark.

From one perspective I'm actually arguing for an increase in Enchanter power for those who play it to 50+. There should be less Enchanters willing or capable to level to 50+ given the difficulty but for those who do they will be a more rare and in demand class with the same level of power they have today.

That is outside of the channeling nerf which will hurt almost everyone but is necessary to restore classic difficulty and game design. The game is more fun when the difficulty follows the intended game design. People hate nerfs but it's for their own good. Same as Verant nerfing all kinds of shit and people crying non-stop in classic. If people find ways to escape the intended design curves in terms of leveling, DPS, etc it's harmful to the entire server.

Finding these ways to escape is what made classic EQ fun for a lot of people so of course they're pissed that some of these methods might get nerfed. The trick was to find ways to escape the curve and not have it become wide spread and get nerfed. P99 needs to stop letting wide spread abusive mechanics escape nerfs because "it's classic." Allowing these things is also not classic. Item recharges, pet tracking, channeling, charm, and so on would all be nerfed on a real live classic server if it was as wide spread as it is here. It's all about level of impact on subscriber revenue and speed of progress through content.

Green launch, in my opinion, demonstrates a real lack of understanding or agreement from the devs with this concept. My reasoning was the instanced Teal server because of "overcrowding" on green. Green had like 1/5th a real live server population. The difficult leveling due to "overcrowding" was a design feature and is a big part of why ZEMs weren't so impactful on live.

Did HHK on live have a high ZEM? Probably. You know what else it had? 5x as many players and the goblin area was split into 3-4 camps of full groups waiting on spawns. That is probably why the ZEM was higher, due to limited spawns, and lots of players.
TLDR

I thought changes like these should be because "Classic" and not because of a poll where you could have logged in multiple accounts to pad the numbers

Proving my point you're trying to create a narrative so you can pretend you are important

Also I find it hilarious that as soon as DMN calls you out for posting on multiple accounts suddenly you start posting as Azxten again and Keebs is nowhere to be found
Old 03-24-2021, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fine I'll make my own solution

charm should only work on members of the opposing gender, which you will be able to now choose independently of your outward appearance on a scale from 1-100

to keep it classic we won't tell anyone what the numbers mean so we can make threads debating which is the most effective, and even the player themself will not be totally sure what they picked and is therefore in a constant state of questioning

feedback?
Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's homophobic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinkin we could do 90

who's in
Lol'd
Old 03-24-2021, 01:10 PM
Banned

Charm should be way more random every tick after 1 minute.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR

I thought changes like these should be because "Classic" and not because of a poll where you could have logged in multiple accounts to pad the numbers

Proving my point you're trying to create a narrative so you can pretend you are important

Also I find it hilarious that as soon as DMN calls you out for posting on multiple accounts suddenly you start posting as Azxten again and Keebs is nowhere to be found
lol... paranoia strikes deep
Old 03-24-2021, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

I didn't read 31 pages but did the OP say his opinion is nonbiased because he is an enchanter and he thinks enchanters are overpowered? Did he then go on to say he is now high level and thinks high level enchanters should stay just as powerful but nerf how powerful enchanters are when leveling up to make his class more rare?
Old 03-24-2021, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol... paranoia strikes deep
Says fraudster digging into old news groups from 20+ years ago and claiming it's "evidence"

Keebs where are you Keebs?
Closed Thread