Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Has anyone figured out how to fix the mouse turning lockup?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Orc

Default Freezing at Character Select

I have a 2008 Macbook. I have tried installing and reinstalling with all the correct steps. Once I get in and select my server, the game tries to load(not showing the background picture, just the loading bar with its text) and once it gets to character select I can see the UI buttons but no background or character. At this point its crashes. Any help?

I have also Updated the Wineskin Wrapper to 2.5.8 and the engine to WS9CX11.2.0 and the same problem still exists.

After a full reinstall, after Wineskin was updated, the game now loads into the character select. Now it says my spell files are out of date. I have downloaded the newest spells files according to the page http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ght=patch+info
Still not working.
Last edited by Danimoth; 01-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: New info, fixes, even more info
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Default Project 1999 cannot be opened, Wineskin cannot be updated

I seem to encounter a problem similar to those posted before--when I attempt to open "Project 1999" it bounces on the dock and needs to be "Force Quit"ted. The apparent solution to this problem was to update Wineskin, but when I go to Advanced>>Tools>>Update Wrapper, I am presented with the following error notice:

"There is an error with the installation of your Master Wrapper. Please update your Wrapper in Wineskin Winery (a manual install of a wrapper for Wineskin Winery will work too)"

Any idea what I've done wrong/how to fix this? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnidel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to encounter a problem similar to those posted before--when I attempt to open "Project 1999" it bounces on the dock and needs to be "Force Quit"ted. The apparent solution to this problem was to update Wineskin, but when I go to Advanced>>Tools>>Update Wrapper, I am presented with the following error notice:

"There is an error with the installation of your Master Wrapper. Please update your Wrapper in Wineskin Winery (a manual install of a wrapper for Wineskin Winery will work too)"

Any idea what I've done wrong/how to fix this? Thanks.
I experienced the "nothing happens" thing just today. After various attempts to work through the problem, I finally go to the message you've indicated, telling me I cannot update the Wineskin. I looked online and found the "Wineskin Winery" application, made for Mac, installed it. I updated the "Installed Engines" box with "WS8WineCX11.0.0 (I also installed the engine our "project 1999 wrapper" claims it is using). I updated the second box "wrapper version" to the most current version.

This got me into the game and stopped the "non-action" i was getting for the most part of the day.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Lowering max frame rate adjusts how wide of an angle you can mouse look before it goes to shit.

Would sell my soul for a complete fix to that.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lowering max frame rate adjusts how wide of an angle you can mouse look before it goes to shit.

Would sell my soul for a complete fix to that.
Please explain "goes to shit"? Using Linux, the issue I've been having with mouse-look is that I cannot continuously mouse-look. I can do X-degrees (I think somewhere around 140deg mouse-look turn), and then the turn angle locks and it switches over to zooming the camera in and out. I don't know why it does it, it didn't do it on Windows, and its annoying. I'd like to be able to perpetually mouse-look turn as long as I'm holding down the right mouse button. Is this the same issue you are having?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please explain "goes to shit"? Using Linux, the issue I've been having with mouse-look is that I cannot continuously mouse-look. I can do X-degrees (I think somewhere around 140deg mouse-look turn), and then the turn angle locks and it switches over to zooming the camera in and out. I don't know why it does it, it didn't do it on Windows, and its annoying. I'd like to be able to perpetually mouse-look turn as long as I'm holding down the right mouse button. Is this the same issue you are having?
This is the same issue I am having, somewhat. On the OSX side I can mouselook left/right for about 180 degrees before my cursor leaves the EQ Window, which removes focus from it/requires me to reclick/restart mouselook.

I've noticed that the x degrees is tied to width of the EQ window and also to the max FPS. Maxing EQ as wide as my monitor's native resolution and putting it down to 30 max fps allows me to turn 360+ degrees continuously, but still has the previously mentioned issue with anything past that.

edit: also the "mouse sensitivity" setting is tied to the amount of degrees. Low sensitivity = low degrees. I have mine at 100 which does not change the actually sensitivity of the mouse, heh
Last edited by khanable; 01-31-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

So if there was a patch like there was today and I dont have EQMU launcher set up on my mac ( think its windows only?) how do i do update the files that need to be updated? Is it as simple as clicking on the files from p99 homepage and copy and pasting them in my p99 folder? Thank you !
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp00888 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if there was a patch like there was today and I dont have EQMU launcher set up on my mac ( think its windows only?) how do i do update the files that need to be updated? Is it as simple as clicking on the files from p99 homepage and copy and pasting them in my p99 folder? Thank you !
Yes. Sort of.

The only thing you need to be careful of is, if you copy one folder over another in Finder, everything in the existing folder will be removed and you will only have the contents of the new one.

Sometimes the patches include files with in the Resources folder, so you have to be careful otherwise you'll end up deleting stuff inadvertently.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

This happened to me today. Is there a way for me to restore what I need in the resources folder?