Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Default Combat log distance

Does anyone have any thoughts or memories about the range at which you can see things in your combat log? It feels really low, but I'm saying that from a QoL/balance perspective and not from any actual memories of Live. You have to be really close to a mob (like not very far from melee range at all) to see any melee damage, but spellcasting can be seen from further away. Also I'm not positive but possibly the begins casting message seems to have a further range than the actual landing message, but still not sure about that.

I'm also legitimately wondering what kind of affect the Z axis and race or race height may have on this, if any.

I did hop on Live today to test and the range is definitely longer than P99 but that of course means mostly nothing.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have any thoughts or memories about the range at which you can see things in your combat log? It feels really low, but I'm saying that from a QoL/balance perspective and not from any actual memories of Live. You have to be really close to a mob (like not very far from melee range at all) to see any melee damage, but spellcasting can be seen from further away. Also I'm not positive but possibly the begins casting message seems to have a further range than the actual landing message, but still not sure about that.

I'm also legitimately wondering what kind of affect the Z axis and race or race height may have on this, if any.

I did hop on Live today to test and the range is definitely longer than P99 but that of course means mostly nothing.
Yes it registered farther on live between classic and velius, just not sure when. A few times I've gone to check for a name fighting near me and it doesn't have it. Maybe patched in the timeline?
Closed Thread