Kobold

Guild name has to be "The Carrousel"
Old 11-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

whole game is a carousel.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I level to 50, get my weapon skills etc capped then delevel to 20?

(the P99 mentality sometimes)
I believe if you deleveled to 20, you'd have the skills of a level 21. Perhaps some griefer from Red can attest to this.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

this is a great idea, mayhap combined with self-loot only rule?

feel 30 would be a better maximum level though, as is when classes begin to but haven't yet come into their own more fully. most targets could be killed given enough grit and level 30 characters. 20 requires a great deal of cheesing.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

keep me posted about this
Old 11-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Banned

What if you kept like a 3 tier guild alliance.. levels 1-20 in guild a.) levels 21-40 in guild b.) and 41-50 in guild c.) And you just slowly progress up to that end game guild C. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Aviak

I think you might be into something. I agree that the game seems a lot more fun at the lower levels. A lot of classes don’t really hit their stride until 30 though.

But it’s an interesting idea because your raid targets would be nearly limitless. And no need for suicide missions if you surpass the cap, just try harder mobs.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Isn't there a guild already on green doing that call lost of ages or something like that.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

i love this idea but i think 20 is a bit low. i think 30 is a better target level. good mid range of the game. you can do a lot, but a lot is still a threat. also most classes get all or most of their skills and spells by level 30.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a great idea, mayhap combined with self-loot only rule?

feel 30 would be a better maximum level though, as is when classes begin to but haven't yet come into their own more fully. most targets could be killed given enough grit and level 30 characters. 20 requires a great deal of cheesing.
No no, self-loot goes against the spirit of it. It isn't about isolationist playing and making rules to shut out playing with other players....it's about the opposite, being weaker so working with other people becomes even more rewarding.

I dunno about the 30 thing, it seems way less epic.

Hearing "I saw a group of level 30's raid solb and kill the kobold priest" is like "oh, yea, so?"

Hearing "I saw a group of level 20's raid solb and kill the kobold priest" is like "NANI?! THATS UNPOSSIBLU!"

The entire idea is to be a guild of great heroes, doing great feats of heroic heroism that when people hear about it....sounds just impossible. We want the tales of our deeds to be legendary!! SO legendary that people just can't believe it.

Like I was soloin giants on Pockete last night for some moneys (was still level 7)....and people passing by were like "uhhh.....WHAHHAHHATTT?!!?!?!"

So the level has to be low enough to be ridiculous, and then we gotta figure out how to achieve epic achievements of epicness (cheese is welcome haha, like some mages chain casting pets while melees sit back and shoot arrows, or try to joust in and out letting the pets tank....or someone takes primary agro and kites while the others run behind it and smackum).

Part of the fun is figuring out those edge strategies :3 Not because we want to, but because we have to. Because we are trying to do stupid stuff at stupid low levels. Like when Sneaksy soloed the snare sword quest in kunark, taking down a huge group of those drolvargs and the target drolvarg to loot the quest item.

"The dragon was almost dead....but the battle had been hard and only a couple of the mega guilds people were left, facing certain doom....then out of the shadows came the <XXXX>, a guild of level 20's!!! Who ran in and kept the last warrior alive!!! While finishing the fight with the dragon!!!!"

We know all the zones like the back of our hand....we know agro ranges (and management) and dangers in raid situations and where to stand and when it's safe or not.... we know all the quests, all the items.....so we may have super low level characters, but we know as much or more than the highest level raiders.

That makes us a lot stronger than people give it credit for! But a lot of the stuff would require a lot of theory crafting to do things like raid cazic thule....and even just some good testing of what can bypass the limits of levels... along with a fair amount of work to get really good equipment (like dain rings for damage shield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Closed Thread