Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

Default Practical benefits of restarting on green/teal?

The idea of jumping onto one of the new servers kind of got me interested in P99 again after a long hiatus. After messing around a bit I started to wonder what exactly I would get out of starting over on teal when I already have characters on blue and maybe it's more practical for me to just go back to my alts on blue instead of starting over on green/teal.

I mean don't raid anymore. I don't really have a guild/group to follow to green/teal and with the /list system and my likely casual playtime I doubt I will ever get any of the unique items before they are removed from the game. I also realized how much I would miss duxaUI.

So with all that being said is there any other practical benefits to starting over on one of the new servers outside of just a fresh start and the possibility to earn an OP pre-nerf item?
Old 12-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

More players going through the early levels to give a more classic grouping/leveling experience, rather than almost every zone being empty and most players being twinked. No Kunark or Velious concentrates people and kinda pushes you to learn different areas and pursue different loots than you would on blue where there's years of loot sitting around available cheap. Some classic mechanics that don't exist any more on blue because of the timeline. The future excitement over new patches and new expansion releases. Stuff like that.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Like why play everquest at all

Hell why ever play videos games?

Fuck by this logic I should just kill myself now and get the pointlessness over with.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like why play everquest at all

Hell why ever play videos games?

Fuck by this logic I should just kill myself now and get the pointlessness over with.
What "logic" are you referring to? I posed a question with some context not a manifesto about how pointless it all was but thanks for the snarky response in any event! Also, I agree with you. We probably should all just kill ourselves now and get it over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More players going through the early levels to give a more classic grouping/leveling experience, rather than almost every zone being empty and most players being twinked. No Kunark or Velious concentrates people and kinda pushes you to learn different areas and pursue different loots than you would on blue where there's years of loot sitting around available cheap. Some classic mechanics that don't exist any more on blue because of the timeline. The future excitement over new patches and new expansion releases. Stuff like that.
Thanks for the reasoned response. I guess in some ways those things you mention could be viewed as both positive and negative. I have seen some posts saying to avoid HHK entirely due to the "concentration" of people.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So with all that being said is there any other practical benefits to starting over on one of the new servers outside of just a fresh start and the possibility to earn an OP pre-nerf item?
Don't roll on Green or Teal thinking you're going to get a legacy item. That's not going to happen unless you're willing to wear an adult diaper and chain yourself to your computer for 24+ hours.

Blue is a dying server. Aside from the obvious reason to roll on Green or Teal (to experience pre-Kunark EverQuest), you have no choice but to roll on those servers if you want to level up with other people.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't roll on Green or Teal thinking you're going to get a legacy item. That's not going to happen unless you're willing to wear an adult diaper and chain yourself to your computer for 24+ hours.

Blue is a dying server. Aside from the obvious reason to roll on Green or Teal (to experience pre-Kunark EverQuest), you have no choice but to roll on those servers if you want to level up with other people.
Is blue really that dead?
Old 12-22-2019, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like the biggest benefit is the low pressure style of play. We are 11 months from Kunark, no need to level fast to cap. There is very little raid content. The populations are pretty stable but not overcrowded. There isn't much in the way of amazing gear so you can play almost naked and experience the game on another level of difficulty.

You'll end up exploring parts of the game you just breezed by or bypassed because Kunark has better leveling spots. Plus there are certain legacy items you can still get that don't require listing. Box of Abu-Kar springs to mind.

Teal has been really fun, I'm normally an altaholic and here I know I'll play right to cap before playing another toon seriously.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 12-22-2019, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like the biggest benefit is the low pressure style of play. We are 11 months from Kunark, no need to level fast to cap. There is very little raid content. The populations are pretty stable but not overcrowded. There isn't much in the way of amazing gear so you can play almost naked and experience the game on another level of difficulty.

You'll end up exploring parts of the game you just breezed by or bypassed because Kunark has better leveling spots. Plus there are certain legacy items you can still get that don't require listing. Box of Abu-Kar springs to mind.
+1
Old 12-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the reasoned response. I guess in some ways those things you mention could be viewed as both positive and negative. I have seen some posts saying to avoid HHK entirely due to the "concentration" of people.
A part of the community seems entirely driven by leveling as fast as possible no matter the cost, and their behavior tends to fall well short of commonly accepted principles of discourse and courtesy.

It is best to stay out of the places they focus on, unless you enjoy the constant conflict that arises between these people as they try to out-compete everyone else.

HHK is one of those places because of the higher ZEM.

About 90% of the game is free of those people, there are plenty of good places to hunt and find groups, and the less crazy people you'll find there will be cool and fun to hang out with.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Green/Teal play completely differently than Blue due to Blue’s extended timeline. You’re missing out on a fun challenge if you aren’t playing on the new servers.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Closed Thread