Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 09:42 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bow
What a stellar contribution to the thread!
Old 09-21-2020, 05:24 AM
Banned

Salindrite Dagger / Claw of lightning
Old 09-21-2020, 06:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Salindrite Dagger / Claw of lightning
Aside from the sorry you don't have warder loot memes, I don't think this would be true, baton has a better ratio by one delay and ranger piercing is capped 10 points below their other weapon skills, meaning you're taking a hit to your attack rating using it. The only thing it appears to have over baton is a higher damage proc, which I doubt would make up for the other issues.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:22 AM
Fire Giant

Baton and swiftwind.
I doubt salindrite is higher.
I doubt claw is higher.

But if you’re doing and aiming for dps on a ranger with a huge ability to do other things you’re playing the class wrong. BIS is obviously doze tooth and tolans for that reason, stack that AC/resists. Poor mans combo of axe of resistance and shield of rainbow hues like I run 90% of the time honorable mention imo. Class is only fun when you can be tashed and still have 255mr and run around like a spazzo kiting things.

A naked rogue with a ragebringer and any reasonable offhand is substantially more dps than any BIS ranger excepting ideal circumstance BFG trueshot. The difference in ranger dps between all those top 3ish combo options is so small it’s probably not worth the bag space or thought process min maxing it. Spend that dkp on another class for far more use. For me, Kriezenn flame is purely a trash farming/greens weap as it has no useful stats on a class that needs every single stat and resist it can get to be effective. Kinda regret owning it as Id rather that dkp went to something better elsewhere, sure is nice to kill kobalds slightly faster and only be 50 dps behind the rogues, not 40.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Based off my shoddy memory but last time i was using baton/claw combo on a ranger was a little over a month ago and it was high 70s - low 90s in pohate. I was parsing bc i was curious but probably didn't kill more than 15 mobs.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

baton/claw, primal, shissar, self buffs.
was self healing with enchanter partner

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]