Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invalid_Bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No way, the threat from SSOY is too good. Even when kunark drops this will be awesome for Warriors.
This is not correct. Ykesha proc itself is good, but you get the same effect from RMoY and yak club, both of which sport better ratios and start proccing around the same level range. Sarnak warhammer produces slightly less hate due to lack of DD in addition to its stun effect, but its substantially better ratio makes it dramatically superior to SSoY. Even non-proc weapons like Wurmslayer will outperform SSoY throughout most fights on average, barring the occasional lucky encounter where Ykesha procs at the beginning of a fight and then procs again toward the middle of the fight. This doesn't happen nearly often enough to rely upon, even with high dexterity. Believe me.

Weapon procs aside, a warrior is going to do a shitty job with SSoY when melee in the group is using shit like SoB, Wu's quivering staff, serpent tooth, blood point, trak tooth, etc etc etc. I have many, many hours of experience with proc and non-proc weapons, and I can say with absolute certainty that a significantly higher ratio weapon is always going to be better for aggro, even when the higher ratio option lacks a proc effect. Procs are simply too inconsistent and infrequent to rely upon exclusively. Ideally, you want to strive for both ratio and proc, and SSoY ratio is literally trash, making the weapon itself trash.

Avoid SSoY for now unless you don't mind losing thousands of plat. Better options are just around the corner and comparable options like Kunzar Ku'juch will drop like candy in CoM and will be available for cheap. Market pressure will drive SSoY prices to well below 1k not long after Kunark launch.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 09-22-2020 at 01:53 PM..
Old 09-22-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Yak will still be a good offhand for tanking/aggro. Doesn'tmatter if there are better tings. Who knows how much those better things are gonna cost.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great topic!

As a 50 necro in vanilla EQ-

Great Value:

Overvalued:
As a (returning) new player, this way very helpful. Thank you!

Already starting to pinch my pennies for Jboots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2020, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

If you already have one yeah, it might be useful for a while in Kunark I can see holding on to it for now and eating the depreciation later. But at the prices people still want no one should be buying a SSoY at this point.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Never camped an FBSS or SSoY on Green, and it looks like I never will. I just camped the only item in LGuk that appreciates in value over time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2020, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just camped the only item in LGuk that appreciates in value over time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the items is?
Old 09-22-2020, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the items is?
Read his Magician's name...
Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Tis a stone.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

I've beaten this drum before, but weight reduction bags are incredible value items. Except Hand Made Backpacks, which I find to be extremely overvalued. %10 reduction at 3 lb weight isn't going to beat out a 0.3 lb Medicine Bag in many cases, outside of being ten slot, and the Medicine Bag only costs 1p.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Arthur took the sword in the stone. Merlin took the stone itself. Who ended up truly ruling the kingdom? The man with the stone.
Closed Thread