Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah I'm sure it's doable. Tough though. Mind you I'm on a 250+ ping so even Denon's AoEing gets dicey. You are effectively guessing where the mobs are as opposed to where they look like they are. No way can that be done with the Level 2 song (I tried).
Old 07-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Aviak

my ping is consistently 230 and I started kiting at 8-9 on butcherblock skellies by the druid rings. definitely possible. I'd advise sticking to 5-6 dark blues at a time if you don't wanna die. some people don't mind repeated death and they go greedier.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

On location, if you are respectful enough in the zone you could do it wherever you want. Announcing your presence and asking where people are hunting to find out where you shouldn't pull from is a good first step When AOE kiting in a zone. I've seen some people kite upwards of 100 or 200 mobs at one time. I don't think it's as easy as it looks but I guess once you get the hang of it it's pretty exciting. Playing as a druid, i Envy bards being able to do this type of thing.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furinex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen some people kite upwards of 100 or 200 mobs at one time.
I'm surprised this is possible; even on a 50-mob AoE Chardok pull with a high-end computer and spell effects off, I can get some graphical lag if I look at all the mobs together. If you're kiting 100-200 mobs and you can't allow them to come into your view because a bit of lag will kill you, you can't visually keep track of their distance from you - scary!
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

You can only kite like that if you are mousing strafing, which is very tiring. I F9 out and so see all my mobs all the time, and can tell if spells land etc. I only kite 20 or so max at a time so it works well. Pulling 100's of mobs takes a lot of time, and is instant death if something goes wrong (as well as inconveniencing others IMO). The recent aggro changes would also make social pulling impossible I think, so you have to damage every mob. I'd think that would remove much of the time benefit of doing it that way.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Aviak

I wouldn't recommend kiting that many with the lv2 song. but 5-10 is definitely doable, with keyboard. I F9 to 3rd person, auto run, and alternate short presses between right strafe and left turn to go in circles.

Some mobs like beetles will not socially aggro if you're far away, but will if you're close by. It's pretty easy just to use bellow on each mob to pull anyway. I can confirm aviaks, centaurs, and gnolls will all socially aggro if you pull their friends past them.

Anyway, no one is forcing you to kite groups of mobs, but so far I have overcome the things you're talking about. If you don't want to bother, you can melee down single blues pretty fast with a decent weapon and hasting yourself. Just get something slow with high damage, and the haste will make the weapon ratio pretty awesome. Twist in some heal song and the dot and you can easily solo melee mobs outside. You probably can do this well even with just a tarnished sword until 18. Heal song means fast regen, and you can always just run away at 30% or so if you're losing the fight with selos.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...you can melee down single blues pretty fast with a decent weapon and hasting yourself. Just get something slow with high damage, and the haste will make the weapon ratio pretty awesome. Twist in some heal song and the dot and you can easily solo melee mobs outside. You probably can do this well even with just a tarnished sword until 18.
At the moment I am using a Gleaming Short Sword (10 dmg, 29 dly)--anything better at my level you might recommend? Thanks!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised this is possible; even on a 50-mob AoE Chardok pull with a high-end computer and spell effects off, I can get some graphical lag if I look at all the mobs together. If you're kiting 100-200 mobs and you can't allow them to come into your view because a bit of lag will kill you, you can't visually keep track of their distance from you - scary!
i7 3990k, 2x GTX 690s and 32gb of ram with EQ on an SSD drive. I duo with a bard mostly every night, using some method close to this and Upheaval. I never lag. EQ is a fairly old game, newer hardware can handle it very well. Ping is something I would worry about however I have a decent connection so that doesnt effect me too much.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can only kite like that if you are mousing strafing, which is very tiring. I F9 out and so see all my mobs all the time, and can tell if spells land etc. I only kite 20 or so max at a time so it works well. Pulling 100's of mobs takes a lot of time, and is instant death if something goes wrong (as well as inconveniencing others IMO). The recent aggro changes would also make social pulling impossible I think, so you have to damage every mob. I'd think that would remove much of the time benefit of doing it that way.
On the social agro... as long as you tag something of the same type of enemy, social agro still kinda works... Ive used this to pull extra mobs by pathing my train through them. They catch the anger of their pissed off brethren and rampage after me. Seems to work.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Orc

I have a kiting guide up here, you may want to check that out - http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=105033 if you need any help message me in game - Tryndal
Closed Thread