Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 01:40 AM
Kobold

Variance won't make your people log in and compete. It will just double Nihilums loot. Repops are Sat and Sun, get your people to log on once a week to compete, it's really the only way to have a second competing guild.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

We just want to catch you a little off guard instead of having 50 people there before the spawn with another 50 camped out and ready to login.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Dear Rogdog, once upon a time there was a third guild. My guild did everything in it's power to destroy that third guild. Now that it has been destroyed I have no players left to steal and I would like some free mobs please. Make the ground shake for me and my friends only please, get in contact with me for what time works best for us.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear Rogdog, once upon a time there was a third guild. My guild did everything in it's power to destroy that third guild. Now that it has been destroyed I have no players left to steal and I would like some free mobs please. Make the ground shake for me and my friends only please, get in contact with me for what time works best for us.
cocksucker
Old 06-08-2014, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

I want to see planned, structured PvP battles. 6v6, 12v12, and 24v24. Every week. Each guild forms their squads and you PvP for the rights to have a head-start on a Raid target (whatever the winning team picks). A player can only be used for one squad; a guild would need to have a total of 40 people logging on during guild battle day in order to field full teams of each type. If an uneven number of guilds are registered into one of the PvP areas (say 3 guilds or 5 guilds), then the previous week's winner gets a bye through the first round bracket. The 6v6 and 12v12 fields would have equipment restrictions, to provide a more level playing field. The terrain teams fight on would vary every week.

This would make it so the game requires more actual SKILL. The best PvP teams would be rewarded. The only way to measure who are truly the best is by fighting with even numbers (and even equipment). That's how every sport in existence operates. Anyone who is opposed to such a thing doesn't actually care about team PvP. There should be a leaderboard that tracks the # of victories a player has achieved and players would individually receive additional rewards after something like every 2 or 3 victories.

Note that these structured battles would only contest 3 raid targets, so there would still be plenty of content left to contest in the "regular" way. Lots of people obviously enjoy the guerilla-warfare type of World-PvP and it should have an important place in the game.

The structured battles would also naturally help to "even out" the number of people that are in each guild, since only a maximum of 40 people per guild would be able to complete in them (and thus potentially receive the additional rewards). This means that "regular" PvP contentions for Raid targets would be much more intense and frequent...which is what everyone playing on a PvP server should want. If you don't want that, then you're basically just playing on a PvP server in order to beat up on easy opponents: ie, an artificial way to feel like you're accomplishing more in life than someone else.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Great idea...we could call it battleground....or maybe arena. Oh wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to see planned, structured PvP battles. 6v6, 12v12, and 24v24. Every week. Each guild forms their squads and you PvP for the rights to have a head-start on a Raid target (whatever the winning team picks). A player can only be used for one squad; a guild would need to have a total of 40 people logging on during guild battle day in order to field full teams of each type. If an uneven number of guilds are registered into one of the PvP areas (say 3 guilds or 5 guilds), then the previous week's winner gets a bye through the first round bracket. The 6v6 and 12v12 fields would have equipment restrictions, to provide a more level playing field. The terrain teams fight on would vary every week.

This would make it so the game requires more actual SKILL. The best PvP teams would be rewarded. The only way to measure who are truly the best is by fighting with even numbers (and even equipment). That's how every sport in existence operates. Anyone who is opposed to such a thing doesn't actually care about team PvP. There should be a leaderboard that tracks the # of victories a player has achieved and players would individually receive additional rewards after something like every 2 or 3 victories.

Note that these structured battles would only contest 3 raid targets, so there would still be plenty of content left to contest in the "regular" way. Lots of people obviously enjoy the guerilla-warfare type of World-PvP and it should have an important place in the game.

The structured battles would also naturally help to "even out" the number of people that are in each guild, since only a maximum of 40 people per guild would be able to complete in them (and thus potentially receive the additional rewards). This means that "regular" PvP contentions for Raid targets would be much more intense and frequent...which is what everyone playing on a PvP server should want. If you don't want that, then you're basically just playing on a PvP server in order to beat up on easy opponents: ie, an artificial way to feel like you're accomplishing more in life than someone else.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Illogical WoW reference. *Yawn*. Plus, isn't WoW limited to 5 people for PvP?
Old 06-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

shrug, PvP nights were fun.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Large Bat

Taelara approves.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just want to catch you a little off guard instead of having 50 people there before the spawn with another 50 camped out and ready to login.
This is a product of the new exp bonus, shit stains in Azrael inner core, we are better then you management / treatment of others, and lets be honest, Nihilum averages double Azrael's presence online at any given time.

Your best shot at True Pixels now from Kunark era will be... Velious.
Hope Nihi gets bogged down in ToV and then attempt to snipe VP/VS, assuming they don't camp their mains in NToV and run a quick alt raid on Kunark.
Closed Thread