Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Default Easily farmed newbie warrior items?

I have a DE warrior alt that I'd like to find some starter gear for. I have a 30 enc that needs to make a trip around most of the world to complete Sol Ro quests / buy some spells and it's a good opportunity to pick up a few pieces for the warr. So far on my list: Barbed Arms/legs and a Bone Bladed Claymore from Befallen, Chitin Shell Shield from Upper Guk, Spiked Collar from BB. I have picked up some Bronze/Banded armor and FS weapons as well. Anything else I should consider? Not planning on camping anywhere more than an hour or so at most.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Grazhak the Berzerker in Rathe Mountains drops two great items for warrior: Axe of the Slayers is a great 2 hander with both aggro and damage mitigation (Rampage proc) great for mid levels, he also drops a nice warrior belt. Keep in mind he has a 2 hour respawn so prob just run there, kill and see if he drops anything, then be about your business.

Also the classic Polished Granite Tomahawk from Grenix Mucktail in Highpass Hold would be a piece of cake, and similar to the axe above. has some placeholders but they are only level 17.

Banded is fine on a warrior even until around later 30's. Save up for some +hp +ac rings (platinum fire are a great bang for your buck) and I highly recommend saving up and purchasing some Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (usually only 400p great deal!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Last edited by Sonderbeast; 07-06-2021 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: more suggestions!
Old 07-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

If you are willing to do the Sol Ro quests with your 30 ench, you could have that ench do the crafted armor quests for your Warrior. Crafted armor is basically the Sol Ro questline equivalent for Warriors. There will be more running around, but I do not think any of the mobs needed for the crafted armor quests are highly contested.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are willing to do the Sol Ro quests with your 30 ench, you could have that ench do the crafted armor quests for your Warrior. Crafted armor is basically the Sol Ro questline equivalent for Warriors. There will be more running around, but I do not think any of the mobs needed for the crafted armor quests are highly contested.
This is a sensible suggestion, but I can’t afford most of the gems. I will pick up the quest items though and can complete the quests later when I get some more plat. A few look high for a 30 (eg griffon is lv 35+?) but worth a shot while I’m passing through
Old 07-06-2021, 01:29 PM
Kobold

Kill the minotaur hero in steamfront for hero bracers
Old 07-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Oof I just noticed this was for red, not sure how much stuff goes for on there fwiw.

Quote:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oof I just noticed this was for red, not sure how much stuff goes for on there fwiw.
It’s for green, old sig from when I started.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Go to the Warrens and farm the Smithy. He's Level 14 on a 20 minute respawn timer and drops a ranged item that'll give you a modest little stat boost.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ye_Auld_Ball_Peen_Hammer

You'll get rep towards getting into Paineel as well, which is great money while leveling, and just great money in general, without too much competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grazhak the Berzerker in Rathe Mountains drops two great items for warrior: Axe of the Slayers is a great 2 hander with both aggro and damage mitigation (Rampage proc) great for mid levels, he also drops a nice warrior belt. Keep in mind he has a 2 hour respawn so prob just run there, kill and see if he drops anything, then be about your business.

Also the classic Polished Granite Tomahawk from Grenix Mucktail in Highpass Hold would be a piece of cake, and similar to the axe above. has some placeholders but they are only level 17.

Banded is fine on a warrior even until around later 30's. Save up for some +hp +ac rings (platinum fire are a great bang for your buck) and I highly recommend saving up and purchasing some Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (usually only 400p great deal!)
Personally I would go for a belt haste item over gloves. You give up less AC for it and it remains a good placeholder until you get a Sky belt. FBSS is about 2k, not too bad. SotD is 4k, gives a bit more Haste and a little AC as well.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to the Warrens and farm the Smithy. He's Level 14 on a 20 minute respawn timer and drops a ranged item that'll give you a modest little stat boost.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ye_Auld_Ball_Peen_Hammer

You'll get rep towards getting into Paineel as well, which is great money while leveling, and just great money in general, without too much competition.

Personally I would go for a belt haste item over gloves. You give up less AC for it and it remains a good placeholder until you get a Sky belt. FBSS is about 2k, not too bad. SotD is 4k, gives a bit more Haste and a little AC as well.
This guy literally linked ball peen hammer and is critiquing the diff between haste gloves and items 5x the expense. Enough said, take my advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:

Old 07-08-2021, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Any desire to play the ench a bit longer? A mid 40’s ench could farm fine steel at an alarming rate even in like sol a or HK. Heck in HK the exp would get you there quick plus 5-10p a kill.
Closed Thread