Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Personally, I don't have anything against my ancestors, but I'm not going to bullshit myself about their failings, their ignorances, and their many acts of barbarity, any more than I bullshit myself about any of my family members being perfect or, haha, "selfless". "Wow, Victorian England, you guys sluiced your sewage into your own drinking water creating a massive cholera outbreak, became drug dealers and tried to plunder the silver wealth of China by getting their whole population addicted to opium, and caused massive famines in India which could have been prevented if you had eased up on your draconian grain-export policies? Thats pretty fucked up! Rest in peace, you old bitches."
Old 01-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Banned

Colonialism for all it's evils also greatly improved the quality of life in many areas for generations afterward. Most of the people who complain about it would never want to actually undo it's effects, because they'd inevitably want to keep all the good stuff that they presently enjoy.

Like, global illiteracy would be *way* higher without colonialism, perpetrated by all sorts of people. It's not all bad!
Old 01-23-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

5 star thread.

All the medicine and technology has provided us with is 4chan and a 21 year old video game.

We need to end this luciferin charade!
Old 01-23-2022, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He lived to be old in spite of being a native, not because of it. most of them died cause they lost a tooth or something and their brain got infected immediately and they died at like 20, which is how most people most of the time died back then.

Thank god for modern medicine and antibiotics!
Nah antibiotics are the reason people like horza survived childhood and grew up to be pink haired internet commies. Antibiotics have done more damage to our species than social media
Old 01-23-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Colonialism for all it's evils also greatly improved the quality of life in many areas for generations afterward.
WONG!

https://blogs.worldbank.org/africacan/poor-but-happy

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All industiral progress, anything that takes us from the garden: clothes, coke bottles, you name it. All of it is Satanism designed to turn you into a pod person.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Medicine is satanism and with a rod of iron they will defeat god and build wings of their own!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BEWARE: IT'S NOT A CONSPIRACY IF IT'S OUR WAY OF LIFE!
Old 01-23-2022, 02:23 PM
Banned

Well I dunno about satanism jib I'm not a religious person but I *have* seen research that shows some of the happiest people in the world (based on their replies to surveys measuring it) are people who live in some remote part of northern siberia, where life is absolute hell, but they're so isolated from the outside world they don't know anything else, and actually live peaceful happy lives as a result.

I mean they don't even have everquest.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Like, global illiteracy would be *way* higher without colonialism, perpetrated by all sorts of people. It's not all bad!
Leave it to a Lutherist to be pro-literacy. 😬
Old 01-23-2022, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well I dunno about satanism jib I'm not a religious person but I *have* seen research that shows some of the happiest people in the world (based on their replies to surveys measuring it) are people who live in some remote part of northern siberia, where life is absolute hell, but they're so isolated from the outside world they don't know anything else, and actually live peaceful happy lives as a result.

I mean they don't even have everquest.
I hate to say it but the things I love about tech and science are just distractions.

The things that make me truelly happy dont need any of that.

The medicine that saved my loved ones, often saved them from something a modern convenience caused them.

Also the only reason I can ever argue that we need tech, is because we're sure that eventually the sun will burn out and we'll all die.

But that's just fear mongering again. Why is it always fear mongering that wins an argument about progress. It makes me so sad.

Another thing that I find dubious is that progress always, comes at a cost. This is because of entropy. If you burn mroe fire, you burn more wood.

At what point do you stop burning wood? I dont think EVER.. I think that we would cut off our noses despite our faces, just for progress. That scares me.

Sometimes I think we need to take a step back, but then again who knows, dont want to end up like the dinosaurs. But there we go again with that appcolypto fear mongering.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:20 PM
Banned

This is the actual Native American saying btw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 642925D8-C16C-4081-9C21-C9FE612B3900.jpg (20.2 KB, 1 views)
Closed Thread