Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-14-2022, 09:14 PM
Kobold

Default Blacksmithing question

Does anyone know if blacksmithing higher level requirement stuff gives more chance to skill up as opposed to crafting stuff with a trivial closer to your blacksmithing skill level?
Old 03-14-2022, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's not supposed to matter: on live if you had a 50 in Blacksmithing then you had exactly the same chance of a skill-up on a recipe with a 51 trivial as you had for a 251. This was an established fact on eqtraders.com, where (even back in classic times) tradeskillers were hardcore enough to test this sort of thing and report their findings.

However (based on forum reports; I haven't tested this myself) P99 is not classic in this regard. Evidently we give an increased chance of skill-up on success, which gives you a much higher chance of a skill-up on the 51 trivial than on the 251 trivial, since you're way more likely to succeed on the 51.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-14-2022 at 10:03 PM..