Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-27-2022, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

I gave up reading the back and forth about 7 pages in. It’s nauseating and pointless.

25 starting stats really just does not make a difference on the shaman class. You could dump it all into intelligence and it wouldn’t make any practical difference on a shaman 99.9999% of the time. If 25 of any given stat made the difference between success/failure while playing shaman … you’re doing it wrong.

Gear, skill and a complete spell book … far more important
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-27-2022, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave up reading the back and forth about 7 pages in. It’s nauseating and pointless.

25 starting stats really just does not make a difference on the shaman class. You could dump it all into intelligence and it wouldn’t make any practical difference on a shaman 99.9999% of the time. If 25 of any given stat made the difference between success/failure while playing shaman … you’re doing it wrong.

Gear, skill and a complete spell book … far more important
Ok. If you're nauseated, stop reading and making pointless posts. OP is asking a question about starting stats, he isn't asking about how much you personally care about starting stats.

The funny thing is if you think gear is important, you think stats are important hehe. 25 points into WIS/STA is a lot gear-wise. That on average is at least 3 pieces of gear's worth, assuming it has a higher than average WIS/STA of 8+.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Bumping for visibility.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumping for visibility.
Because 17 pages wasn't enough for you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because 17 pages wasn't enough for you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok. If you're nauseated, stop reading and making pointless posts. OP is asking a question about starting stats, he isn't asking about how much you personally care about starting stats.

The funny thing is if you think gear is important, you think stats are important hehe. 25 points into WIS/STA is a lot gear-wise. That on average is at least 3 pieces of gear's worth, assuming it has a higher than average WIS/STA of 8+.
Nothing pointless was stated.

You missed the point entirely. Given the dynamics of how the class plays 25 of any given stat makes or breaks nothing. It’s certainly not important enough to watch the back and forth between Loramin et al bickering about 75 endgame hp from stamina if you can’t buff the extra to max without gear vs the extra mana from the wisdom. Dude asked a simple question and ended up with the dueling banjos repeating the same talking points over and over again. Shamans make their own health/mana work for themselves however they need it to work. Total mana pool matters less than knowing how to use your toolkit and having a complete spell book.

I know you know this. We have raided together. I know you know your shit man. Quit being obtuse.

We got a guy who wanted to roll a new shaman. It doesn’t matter what ratio of points he puts to stamina or wisdom.

If the OP really wants to know what the most important question he could be asking if you really want to min/max it shouldn’t be a question of stats but rather one of race. He’s making a barbarian. That’s fine if that’s what you want to stare at, but compared to having innate regen vs FSI (that’s it’s own can of worms) … either of those is so much more meaningful then where to dump starting stats.

Having said that, I made my monk human because that’s what I wanted. Iksar better? Oh yeah. But it’s not what I wanted. If he wants a barbarian he should make one.

Old 07-27-2022, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing pointless was stated.

You missed the point entirely. Given the dynamics of how the class plays 25 of any given stat makes or breaks nothing. It’s certainly not important enough to watch the back and forth between Loramin et al bickering about 75 endgame hp from stamina if you can’t buff the extra to max without gear vs the extra mana from the wisdom. Dude asked a simple question and ended up with the dueling banjos repeating the same talking points over and over again. Shamans make their own health/mana work for themselves however they need it to work. Total mana pool matters less than knowing how to use your toolkit and having a complete spell book.

I know you know this. We have raided together. I know you know your shit man. Quit being obtuse.

We got a guy who wanted to roll a new shaman. It doesn’t matter what ratio of points he puts to stamina or wisdom.

If the OP really wants to know what the most important question he could be asking if you really want to min/max it shouldn’t be a question of stats but rather one of race. He’s making a barbarian. That’s fine if that’s what you want to stare at, but compared to having innate regen vs FSI (that’s it’s own can of worms) … either of those is so much more meaningful then where to dump starting stats.

Having said that, I made my monk human because that’s what I wanted. Iksar better? Oh yeah. But it’s not what I wanted. If he wants a barbarian he should make one.
I didn't miss the point, but I apologize for snapping. I just get tired of people answering questions like this with "it doesn't matter". Obviously starting stats don't matter that much, and I have said as much in this very thread.

But when you just say "it doesn't matter", that doesn't help OP. 25 WIS/STA can help you in certain situations, and it is good to know which one will give you more mileage, since you cannot change it later. Some people do get really annoyed with their characters if they have improper starting stats. Some people get annoyed with their characters if they don't like a characters look or name. The more peace of mind OP can get with his starting decisions, the happier he will be.

Knowing he put his points into the right stat will help with that peace of mind.
Old 07-27-2022, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knowing he put his points into the right stat will help with that peace of mind.
Actually, OP's mind seemed pretty peaceful on page 1, long before you entered the chat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for your input, this touches on my concerns nicely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I was planning on primarily soloing and adventuring, maybe the odd group here or there but I wasn’t exactly planning on raiding. I think I’ll go stamina then.
I think your posts had nothing to do with wanting to set anyone's mind to peace, and everything to do with you proclaiming how smart you are, and how right your opinions are.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-27-2022, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, OP's mind seemed pretty peaceful on page 1, long before you entred the chat:

I think your posts had nothing to do with wanting to set anyone's mind to peace, and everything to do with you proclaiming how smart you are, and how right your opinions are.
You really need to stop projecting fantasies on to other users. It just causes you to lose objectivity when reading posts. It's a very bad habit. This thread is also not just for OP, since other people besides him read it. It isn't like each thread is restricted to being read by OP alone.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Loramin … I like you. You’re old guard but in this thread I vote you out-foxed and frankly just … not the best source to listen to.

Be a little more open minded and flexible buddy. You lost the logic debate here handily … like in the first 2-3 pages.

Be safe.

Last edited by Troxx; 07-28-2022 at 12:04 AM..