Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Kobold

Default Anyone ever play on PvP-Teams?

I played here for a short time on the teams server. I never cared for straight out PvP so I didn't know what to expect, but I ended up really enjoying it (had sort of a DAoC feel). IIRC, Neutrals were always owning everyone in terms of the winning team. I only stuck it out to level 12 or so (evil Gnome Enchanter) but it was quite enjoyable.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

VZTZ
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

I played TZ on live and absolutely loved it. Turned to lights vs. darks pretty early on, then xteam vs non xteam.

How the dungeons were separated by ownership by team (darks owned seb, guk, solb, lights owned MM, KC, HS etc..)
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Large Rat

Sounds like he's talking about Sullon Zek, with the neutral and evil references.

I was the #2-4 warrior on the "good" team for awhile. That server was the most ruthless and competitive PVP I ever experienced (though Darkfall came close). EXP loss from PVP, training being a legal and common method to get rid of enemies, corpse camping being the norm, no level range to enter PVP (after level 5 you were fair game for anyone on another team), teams not having access to all classes, etc. No sane company would ever subject their players to that kind of madness these days, but it made for a unique and memorable experience.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

I played TZ on live until the end of PoP and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was sorta like teams but that was based on the race chosen, not really an alignment.

It also spiced things up in terms of strategy when you were fighting someone who had a "same-team" healer backing them up and you couldn't touch them.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Large Rat

Immune healers were a huge design flaw imo, always felt cheesy no matter what side of it i was on (when I played on VZ).
Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Orc

I played on TZ. Was in a guild called Pax Norathia. Was a lot of fun to play. I remember the "Darkie" guild Pandemonium being one of the power guilds back then.

Good times.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played TZ on live until the end of PoP and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was sorta like teams but that was based on the race chosen, not really an alignment.

It also spiced things up in terms of strategy when you were fighting someone who had a "same-team" healer backing them up and you couldn't touch them.
TZ was my first server my first year of play, from classic through kunark. I'm not much for pvp but there were some goodtimes thats for sure.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Banned

Most people will go evil.

People will xteam, almost immediately.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkortshea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the "Darkie" guild Pandemonium being one of the power guilds back then
Pandemonium wasn't the darkie guild, pandemonium was the x-team guild that was created in kunark and ruled with an iron fist.
Closed Thread