Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:00 PM
Aviak

Default Returning Ranger Questions

Hey, I haven't played in over a year. Getting back into p99 with my shelved 53 ranger. Could anyone remind me what spells I should be buffing with, what I should be doing for DPS when solo/grouped, etc?

Basically just need a quick rundown to jolt the memory, it's been so long. Appreciate the help!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Strength of Nature (attack/hp buff) the tank, enchanter, melee (except epic monk) and pets.

Call of Earth the tank and enchanter.

Grasping roots the mob at the start of the fight so the tank can use proxy aggro while he establishes aggro (if not a knight/ranger tanking).

Snare for damageless aggro (good on mezzed mobs) or if mob is at risk of running.

Flamelick is fast casting and efficient aggro that might slightly increase the melee dps of your groupmates. Becareful of the DoT component if grouping with a mez class.

Wolf form for attack/movement speed buff.

Sow your puller

Shield of brambles the tank if no mage or druid present.

Skin like Steel the tank / enchanter if no cleric, druid or paladin present.

Storm Strength any melee with unmaxed str if no druid or shaman present.

Spikecoat yourself if tanking.

Bind sight the puller if you are in an unfamiliar area, this will help you learn to pull.

Be ready to /assist the puller to cast harmony. Also harmony any passing trains so when they reset they are less likely to aggro you.

DPS wise I think simple autoattack+kick is sufficient.

edit: buff call of sky if fighting cheal or ice comet casters (or tanking), but click off if causing unwanted aggro.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Aviak

Thanks bro, appreciate it. and nice tip on the bind sight too, never thought of that before!
Old 10-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, bind sight is also pretty handy for checking positions of pathers, finding exactly where a name has spawned (e.g. /target skeletal_warlord then cast) and for checking if a named has spawned with a weapon (e.g. you want Skeletal Warlords with a staff, you want Knights of Sathir without a wand and so on). Or simply getting a better target to land harmony on (/tar a_drolvarg_bodyguard, bind sight, harmony, click target to the other pair and harmony again).
Closed Thread