Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's following the classic timeline. Research was 'broken' and many pets were missing for the first 2-3 months. Expect the timeline update for mage pets in January. Not too long now!
I believe the devs have opted to fix this sooner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the gist of it. I mostly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the source of the research materials listed on the wiki (someone fabricated them I guess?).

Based on evidence so far, it seems the most classic solution is to add the (always?) uncraftable pet spells back on vendors. The unclassic part of that would be it took 13 days to change instead of the 2 months it took the original eq live developers.
Which is the only sane thing to do. Replicating broken features is absolutely absurd. The devs were given accurate info that these spells were not vendor sold @ launch. The devs were also unaware that this would break the magician class, as no pets are attainable after 34.

Expect this to be fixed in the next patch. This will also fix stuff like Sol A quest items dropping.
Last edited by randal.flagg; 11-18-2019 at 09:46 AM..
Old 11-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

If they don't fix this soon, I will actually be pretty dissapointed in the devs... and I don't even play a mage. Just kinda puts a damper on the whole thing knowing mages basically are screwed past 34.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal.flagg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs were also unaware that this would break the magician class, as no pets are attainable after 34.
Or maybe because there wasn't many or any at all lvl 34+ mages at this point in classic. So it wasn't a big deal. And it was also a way of slowing mages down for mass pet spam raiding. I think it was calculated AF and a good idea.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or maybe because there wasn't many or any at all lvl 34+ mages at this point in classic. So it wasn't a big deal. And it was also a way of slowing mages down for mass pet spam raiding. I think it was calculated AF and a good idea.
problem being, if you arn't one of the beards who rolled a mage , and now are seeing these threads, they are just going to quit, not realizing they are going to be fine.

on the flip side you have the beards who are lvl 34 who can no longer solo to 50 as they planned.

in the end, both players quit the server and -2 pop from both directions. tbh I don't care, they want to follow the classic timeline to the letter thats cool, but there was a reason why it was patched later. cause it was broken, as was every other patch..... If you are going to be a "classic" server i highly suggest selectively classic approach nixing the obvious fuckups by the original devs. and still sticking to the timeline.

p.s. just the fact that people didn't even know that they couldn't get pets past lvl 34 until a patch has made a ton of people quit. It doesn't matter about classic and its all about player retainment. Also all mage related threads like these should absolutely be deleted so the playerbase at large is unaware and you just hotfix it like it never happened. But again if u want to be classic, thats classic.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem being, if you arn't one of the beards who rolled a mage , and now are seeing these threads, they are just going to quit, not realizing they are going to be fine.

on the flip side you have the beards who are lvl 34 who can no longer solo to 50 as they planned.

in the end, both players quit the server and -2 pop from both directions. tbh I don't care, they want to follow the classic timeline to the letter thats cool, but there was a reason why it was patched later. cause it was broken, as was every other patch..... If you are going to be a "classic" server i highly suggest selectively classic approach nixing the obvious fuckups by the original devs. and still sticking to the timeline.

p.s. just the fact that people didn't even know that they couldn't get pets past lvl 34 until a patch has made a ton of people quit. It doesn't matter about classic and its all about player retainment. Also all mage related threads like these should absolutely be deleted so the playerbase at large is unaware and you just hotfix it like it never happened. But again if u want to be classic, thats classic.

You make great points, and for sure back in 99 it took time to figure this out. It needed test and if i am not mistaken, bad combine just ate de components without message. As soon as it got discovered they patched it like the next day.

People need to stop saying classic to everything. This as nothing to do with the classic timeline experience which is a couple of year timeline.

Anyway lets hope for an update soon
Old 11-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Aviak

idk if "delete threads and keep the player base in the dark" is a better or worse strat, Phaezed, lol
Old 11-18-2019, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk if "delete threads and keep the player base in the dark" is a better or worse strat, Phaezed, lol
trust me, ignorance is bliss. specially from what i have seen in my journeys across antonica from Odus
Old 11-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

The way EQ players feel about 'what is classic vs. what should be fixed' is like how Catholics feel about what it means to be a Christian.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way EQ players feel about 'what is classic vs. what should be fixed' is like how Catholics feel about what it means to be a Christian.
They're more like rabbis combing through the Talmud to find loopholes.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't matter about classic and its all about player retainment.
Pretty sure nilberg has a quote laying around about how he'd keep working on classic even if there were no players.
Closed Thread