Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Default The Story of a P99 Blue Scumbag

So there I was in Dragon Necropolis doing Bard things when a wild scumbag appears! Thomacles <The Second Sons> had a hankering for some mischief when he spawned a construct and aggroed some spiders. So what does Thomacles <The Second Sons> decide the best course of action is? Why, to drop his construct at the zone line, of course.

Unfortunately, I was in the back half pulling spiders, while my friend was AFK at the zone line using the bathroom. When he flopped the construct at the ZL, it then immediately aggros my friend, bringing all his spider buddies with him. I spent significant time gathering this pull, but when I get to the ZL I find my dead friend and a construct surprise that I now have to deal with. All of this while Thomacles is just laying there flopped.

There are a lot of people on this server that do not understand how the constructs work. That they will literally aggro you from anywhere within line of sight, and they give zero F's how far away you are. You shouldn't do that, but being ignorant of mechanics does not make you a scumbag.

What does make you a scumbag is to deny that you did anything wrong in the face of clear evidence. To walk away from a shit show like this and leave it for innocent people to clean up on your behalf puts you in an entirely new stratosphere of scumbaggery. A simple apology and an offer to help goes a long way, but Thomacles is a scumbag, and that's not what scumbags do.

When you see Thomacles <The Second Sons>, know that he is the type of person to train you, and upon seeing the video evidence of it, insist that they did nothing wrong.

At the very least he could help me recharge my WC cap, but that's what a decent person would do, so I won't get my hopes up.

FRAPS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiHk7D0iXWU
Old 04-07-2021, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, let me get this straight. Your friend sat AFK at one of the most dangerous dungeon zone lines in the game, someone else left via the only exit to that zone ... and you're mad? Do I have that right?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

There are no fewer than four porta-potties just outside in WW. This isn't golf.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Oh wait, I should learn to read; he didn't leave, he just flopped at zone line. I guess that's a bit more douchebaggy ... but I still have very little sympathy for people who get trained at zone exists (in any zone) while AFK.

It's much simpler to just "not be AFK in dangerous places" then to get upset because someone else was playing the game. But I'm too lazy to watch the video, so he if he deliberately trained your friend then obviously that's something different.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

No one cares
hope this helps
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Bard thread

Fu bard
Old 04-07-2021, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Were you kiting the zone, sweaty?
Old 04-07-2021, 10:02 PM
Banned

Imagine being such a nerd that you stand there recording like a Karen instead of loading gate and saving your own life.

Why do I feel like you tried to martyr yourself into being the George Floyd of P99?
Old 04-07-2021, 10:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard thread

Fu bard
Let Bards be Bards
Closed Thread