Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 03:48 PM
Banned

Default People don't understand that Dogecoin really has no value.

Go buy you the nicest mining rig you can and then try to mine Dogecoin. You'll quickly learn that you can't. Someone is mining it however, and that person owns about 90% of all dogecoin and will own 99% of all dogecoin in the future.

Not to mention the fact that this coin has no supply limit, meaning that it'll consistently lose value over time the same way fiat currency does (which defeats the purpose of Crypto).

Now I did make a lot of money mining and selling dogecoin, but that was entirely based off of luck. (You can mine Ethereum on unmineable.com and get paid out in Dogecoin, but unless Doge does something crazy like it did in the last 24 hours, you would be better off just taking straight Ethereum as your payment).

IDK it just irks me because people think it's like the best coin to own or something and it couldn't be further from the truth. Like it does get pumped and dumped and people make money through this scheme, but the same thing happens with Gamestop stock. It doesn't mean Gamestop is a good stock to own long term.

If you're wondering what the rant is about, my friend bought $5,000 worth of dogecoin 3-4 months ago and could have sold it for $20K this morning and didn't do it because he doesn't understand anything about dogecoin other than the fact that it's a meme.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Haha someone is mad they didn’t buy at 0.05

Reminder: in a Fiat economy there’s no difference between the American dollar and the Dodge coin except for who just believes on it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2021, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha someone is mad they didn’t buy at 0.05

Reminder: in a Fiat economy there’s no difference between the American dollar and the Dodge coin except for who just believes on it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still own mine actually, fam, and I got in at .02. I'll probably never sell my Doge simply because I have no money in it, and I came to grips with the fact that I wouldn't sell it a long time ago.... I mined it for about 2 months straight.

I actually use doge to get my normie friends into mining because if I mention Ethereum or Raven it goes in one ear and out the other. If I mention Dogecoin... lightbulbs go off in their heads because that's the fancy crypto they saw Elon Musk talking about... also unmineable has 24 hour pay out... most new miners can't wait 7-14 days for a pay out.. they need to see quick returns or they give up.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

I am exactly 14 days behind mining etheirum, per your last post. smh
Old 04-14-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Look at the cute little dog
I should put money into this because it's fun
bahh bahh bahh

Elon Musk invented a flame thrower.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:39 PM
Banned

Doges are really cute. Starkind appreciates doges and their loving carers.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
crypto is backed by math, usd is backed by men with guns

Pretty sure guns can beatup math
Old 04-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
crypto is backed by math, usd is backed by men with guns

Pretty sure guns can beatup math
Everything is backed by math. Even the trajectory of missiles in space.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm I get your point, but what you're not considering is that the usd is actually backed by people who just trust the american economy and so they buy bonds, not because we force them to with guns.

They do it because our economy is so strong.

If you think our economy is so strong because we force the world to back our dollars using guns, then that is a perspective I haven't considered before. But I suppose if you think the usd is based on the value of oil we buy cheaply with guns, then that could be debatable but oil is not what our economy is based on so idk if this is true.

I hadn't considered that our economies greatest asset is our guns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2021, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hmm I get your point, but what you're not considering is that the usd is actually backed by people who just trust the american economy and so they buy bonds, not because we force them to with guns.

They do it because our economy is so strong.

If you think our economy is so strong because we force the world to back our dollars using guns, then that is a perspective I haven't considered before. But I suppose if you think the usd is based on the value of oil we buy cheaply with guns, then that could be debatable but oil is not what our economy is based on so idk if this is true.

I hadn't considered that our economies greatest asset is our guns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a bit silly but our 'allies' are also our clients

the provinces must tithe
Closed Thread