Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that cockblocking is an issue. Without instancing you end up competing against other players which I have no desire to do. If I wanted to compete against other players, I would join a pvp server.
lol
Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Large Rat

mercenary is murderer of killing the original spirit of EQ live, and that's the reason why i quited EQlive
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mercenary is murderer of killing the original spirit of EQ live, and that's the reason why i quited EQlive
At that point you're exhuming the rotted corpse from a 6 year-old grave. Velious was the wrong turn with it's raid focus, Luclin was more of the same with "Cats on the Moon" for added extra-special loathsomeness, and then PoP redefined "group content" as "content for groups of raid-geared players, the rest of you can come back 3 expansions from now you're not important go away"
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Large Rat

i say i had fun up the end of pop, Gates is what i hated. in pop there where so many levels of raids where if you where the front runners you didn't sit there block other guilds you where off doing your own thing, hell we had friendships where you could get backflaging from other guilds.
Last edited by Novacain; 11-01-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mercenary was a neccesary evil by that point in EQ because you had no one to group with. It wasn't that bad of a solution given the state EQ was in. It gave everyone the ability to solo.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem, I think, is that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

In a group centric game like EverQuest, the model requires a constant influx of new players. New players have rely on the existence of other lower level players to group with (for the most part) or they're pretty much screwed. As the player base ages (meaning: gets to higher levels), typically there are not enough new players and alt characters for new players to group with.

This pretty much fucks the new players, giving them a poor experience which will only entice them to want to quit.

p1999 is no different. Playing my level 6 Necro, I found that there aren't enough players already exping in Befallen. That the best exp dungeon in the game, but no one is really doing it. So I can either find a new place to exp or try and get a group of my own together or form a 'PUG', which can be a bit of work. In the end, I had to get some friends together so we could do it. Bring your own group was pretty much the only feasible solution.
That is why I think games should encourage players to replay low level content. If this server ever implements AAs. I would hope the only way they could be obtained is being a max level character that joins a group of (1 or more) legitimate low level players of certain levels to obtain certain AAs. There must be at least 3 members to the group.

Example: To obtain AA: "Insert Description Here", a player must be max level that has joined a group of players level range 1-10 and obtain X amount of XP. The player will be reduced to that level while with group. The group must have a legitimate new person between levels 1-10 and must consist of 3 or more players. (This can be fulfilled with 1 legit player from that range and 2 max players that there level has been reduced. etc etc)

There has been various games that have made a similar system to promote low level play. It would be tough here because of power leveling. Preferably I think they should remove the ability to power level like WoW did.
Closed Thread